User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(regular) Wed 10-Oct-12 09:32:00
Print Post

Re: New Packages from IDNet

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

I watched a TV programme last night about the importance of customer retention in the digital services sector. Sadly, IDNet did not think it good PR to inform its existing customers of the package changes; the change options open to existing customers; the implications for customers who wish to change who have paid for a year in advance, and how price rises will be applied to legacy packages. With the increase in phone rental (which I know all phone-providers are having to manage), the loss of the BB/telephone package discount and the apparent removal of the pre-paid annual option, IDNet has done away with some its unique selling points. Like dsch, I am now considering my options. The roll-out of FTTC has undoubtedly narrowed the gap in the quality versus price debate.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 10-Oct-12 13:12:12
Print Post

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

See my first post in the thread.

I could give more info, but I don't feel I want to in this forum as I have great respect for IDNet and Simon. I suggest you should both be asking in Which ISP, or in the case of FTTC in the Fibre forum. Infinity is not the only answer.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.4/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User smurf46
(member) Thu 11-Oct-12 10:30:04
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Unfortunately when you simplify packages (and IDNet's former offerings were complicated) some people will loose out - it's the nature of the game. But they've ameliorated that as much as possible by keeping existing customers on their old packages unless they opt to change. Nothing difficult about it. How does that prejudice customer retention in any sense?

The problem is that we in the UK are addicted to "cheap as chips" internet. IDNet play a different game - they try to give a quality service - as far as the part under their control, the backbone network is concerned - for a fair price. Ask what you need their lower latency and greater redundancy for? For normal domestic use (especially streaming, web browsing etc) it's probably over-specified so there's a trade off between quality and price. Simples. And many small businesses seem to manage too on the cheap as chips services. It's no drama; and for most of us it won't break the bank either - I probably waste a multiple of the price differential in wasted car miles every week, if I would only drive more carefully, let alone in thrown away food or energy (and unfortunately I don't believe I'm unique)!

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bethany
(newbie) Sun 21-Oct-12 13:18:09
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

Well it's affected this customer retention. I moved house and with a break before moving into my own place I'd had to cancel with IDNet. They were incredibly helpful and I've always liked them but the new packages have resulted in a 24.8% increase for me when I look at the phone and broadband options now. Sorry - it's going to have to be someone else now. Shame.
(and the website looks pretty but is so offputting. If that's the point, that they only want business customers, it's very effective)
Standard User Saltank
(member) Tue 04-Dec-12 14:08:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Geeezzzz!

I just went to their Home Page to have a look. See what I see.

Don't use IE, it's simple!

Just recently upgraded from 38/8 to 75/16 and everything went very well.

IDNet Business Priority Fibre 75/16
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Dec-12 16:36:56
Print Post

[re: simon_idnet] [link to this post]

This is the worse ever on this horrible, dreadful and awful site. IDNet is rip off and too overpriced. I am glad I am happy with Plusnet lots cheaper and got 120GB. Simon from Idnet must be a fat cat greedy in their pocket.

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 18-Dec-12 20:36:15
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
IDNet is rip off and too overpriced. I am glad I am happy with Plusnet
I'm sure I speak for many other IDNet customers (not to mention IDNet themselves) when I say that I am pleased to know you hold that opinion.

Bill
[email protected] __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 12:10:20
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

You're not missed on Idnet, enjoy PlusNet while you can.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User smurf46
(member) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:07:08
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

Sorry; but from the impressions on here IDNet must be a funny ol' business if it doesn't want customers?

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:10:27
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Meanie... everyone loves a challenge wink

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread