User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Sat 06-Oct-12 16:52:50
Print Post

Re: New Packages from IDNet

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It views fine on a four year old Toshiba running Vista and Firefox.
Interesting comparison

Edited by wingco1 (Sat 06-Oct-12 16:53:39)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 06-Oct-12 17:00:36
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

I'm somewhat unclear on what the tbb comparison charts have to do with the new IDNet Home Page? I assumed the link would be to a screen shot of it tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Sat 06-Oct-12 17:02:14
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

It seems there are resolution-specific stylesheets. Hmm.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Sat 06-Oct-12 17:47:22
Print Post

I assumed
Don't assume, check smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 06-Oct-12 18:57:57
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
I assumed
Don't assume, check smile
smile
I assumed I was going to see a screenshot that looked a lot better than mine. So I clicked, and was a little disappointed. I'd like to see a screenshot if possible please? So I can see how it should be.

Also what are your screen resolutions? If lower than mine I can try that, out of interest.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User IanBB
(regular) Sun 07-Oct-12 01:29:38
Print Post

It renders a lot better in Firefox (although the readability leaves a lot to be desired)

Here it is on entry (including the arrow you refer to)

http://i48.tinypic.com/317gqxj.jpg

Mouseover on the arrow brings up a hidden menu

http://i46.tinypic.com/344bfwp.jpg

ETA It's the same as above in IE10

Edited by IanBB (Sun 07-Oct-12 06:28:42)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Oct-12 06:48:40
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Good Lord! You can tell, from my screenshot and description I had no idea what it was supposed to look like.

So I just tried Opera and at first I thought it wsa how it should be. Tried my normal IE9 and that looks OK as well, on the face of things. But neither is bug-free. Ummm same on Chrome.

They haven't fully fixed it. Have you run the cursor over that down arrow? First you might find a little sideways jump, and second you might find you don't get all of the content of that drop-down.

On Opera I can avoid that because there is a small slider present at the bottom right and you can reduce the size of the rendered content within the window. I can then get right to the bottom, with no sideways jump - bringing the Copyright text and the 0800 number into view.

However that makes the text very small, and the reduction propagates to all pages. Not good.

On the other two that isn't present, so I can't do that. By a bit of fast fingerwork again I can get the stuff to flash for a fraction of a second, but it can't be held.

Right - a bit more experimenting, (or should I call it basic/elementary development testing?), on all three browsers clicking the broadband icon embedded in the big picture give me perfectly working pages, at full size. So they are nearly there tongue.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Oct-12 06:55:05
Print Post

Either you edited in the stuff about the down arrow, or I was so amazed after clicking the first link I didn't see it. Hence my post just now. What size windows are you using by the way? My three are giving a much larger version than your screenshots.

And thanks for the post - I hadn't thought of trying Opera which I use concurrently with IE. (I don't know how that would have been of course).

Standard User IanBB
(regular) Sun 07-Oct-12 07:22:24
Print Post

Both of the images were uploaded around the same time (ie original time of post)

I only edited it quite a bit later to add the bit about IE10.

My native resolution is 1920x1080 but I was just using a windowed version of it.

This is full screen using FF (note the vertical scroll bar though, they obviously can't get their scaling right)

http://i48.tinypic.com/bg2owh.jpg

Edited by IanBB (Sun 07-Oct-12 07:25:29)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Oct-12 09:29:15
Print Post

And when you click the down-arrow? Does it work OK? Not as I describe?

It's a lot better than it was, but not yet as it should be.

And frankly, even once they get it fully sorted, so much screen space devoted to nothing doesn't really impress me.

It has been suggested to me that my initial looks at the site, (I did try a few times), may have been picking up old site CSS files from a DNS server that hadn't updated at that stage. Hence it having corrected now. That sounds very possible. These other issues remain though.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to