User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TMA
(member) Sun 07-Oct-12 13:32:36
Print Post

Re: New Packages from IDNet

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, I realise this is what they've done. I'm merely pleased that I can move onto a package that gives me 100GB a month for almost the same money as I'm paying currently for 30GB. 8Mbit is okay, I just have to wait longer for downloads than the city boys smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Oct-12 13:50:38
Print Post

[re: TMA] [link to this post]

That's OK then smile. Your first post implied you thought you were going to get ADSL2+ even though WBC isn't there.

I haven't looked at the ADSLx pricing. That's for the plebs, officer! Just the FIbre ones, which seem to have gone up a fair bit. So have the allowances I agree, but certainly at the Lite/Starter end (I was on Starter Fibre for a year), I think they will be out of reach for consumers, given the improving reputation of BT Infinity and PN with considerably lower prices.

Edit - By the way, my comments about prices are not a criticism. Just an observation, suggesting to me that they are moving a little more upmarket.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 07-Oct-12 14:10:29)

Standard User IanBB
(regular) Mon 08-Oct-12 10:43:06
Print Post

I didn't need to click on the arrow, simply moving the mouse over it was sufficient to drop down the menu.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dsch
(member) Mon 08-Oct-12 10:44:05
Print Post

Appears phone packages have changed as well. A charge for 0845 calls is now being levied where as before it was included.

It would have been nice to have been sent an email informing customers of the upcoming changes. Seems short-sited. I hope it is not an indication of a shift to a business model that ignores those of us who have enjoyed stable, hassle free internet service at home.

I watch with caution.
ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Mon 08-Oct-12 11:09:45
Print Post

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dsch:
Appears phone packages have changed as well. A charge for 0845 calls is now being levied where as before it was included.

It would have been nice to have been sent an email informing customers of the upcoming changes. Seems short-sited. I hope it is not an indication of a shift to a business model that ignores those of us who have enjoyed stable, hassle free internet service at home.

I watch with caution.

There is no change to the old packages (your prices have not changed) they are just no longer available to be ordered.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Mon 08-Oct-12 19:13:24
Print Post

[re: simon_idnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon_idnet:
There is no change to the old packages (your prices have not changed) they are just no longer available to be ordered.
But what happens to those on the old packages when BT increase their prices? EG for line rental. Do they simply move in line with BTs price increases or will that be the point at which they are dropped and people moved to the new offerings?
Standard User lodge
(committed) Mon 08-Oct-12 19:33:11
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

I believe many of BT Retail prices are increasing on 5th January next which may be a reflection of increased charges from BT Wholesale.
Standard User partial
(regular) Mon 08-Oct-12 20:55:40
Print Post

[re: lodge] [link to this post]

BT Wholesale have reduced prices rather than increasing them. Retailers have not passed on the reduced costs.

Any none positive comment previously on IDNET would lead to correspondents being shouted down by prolific posters, post removal and lengthy removal of posting rights on ThinkBroadband.

Times are changing. Curiously IDNET are clearly no longer the forum darlings they used to be. crazy

Edited by partial (Mon 08-Oct-12 21:24:19)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 08-Oct-12 22:38:07
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Well your first line is useful and interesting.

Pity about the rest.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User dsch
(member) Wed 10-Oct-12 08:59:36
Print Post

I've been really happy with IDNet! Support, reliability, just about everything really. Download limits could be more generous, but it has been a trade off I've been prepared to accept for a service that just works. I was considering switching my phone line, but now it doesn't seem to make sense financially. The new changes have made me sit up and take notice of prices and limits of other providers. I'm not ready to jump ship just yet, but I feel it is time to have a serious look at who else is out there, particularly as I consider Fibre. Is anyone prepared to offer advice of what other ISP providers offer a service that is reliable, friendly and has service good quality back up. I know you get what you pay for, but is there a middle road?

Thanks
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to