User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User prlzx
(experienced) Fri 09-Aug-19 22:34:36
Print Post

IDNet investigating service outages

[link to this post]

IDNet Status Page

I had a home outage from about 9:20 to 10:20 as well as alerts on several other business lines this evening.
Symptom here was that VDSL remained synced but PPP logins were timing out.

prlzx on iDNET: VDSL / 21CN at ~40Mbps / 10Mbps
with IP4/6 (no v6? - not true Internet)
Standard User billford
(elder) Sat 10-Aug-19 09:15:06
Print Post

Re: IDNet investigating service outages

[re: prlzx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by prlzx:
I had a home outage from about 9:20 to 10:20
Same here, though I had to get timings from the router log as I wasn't at the computer when it started.

A call to support at ~10pm said (pre-recorded message) something like "Power issues on the Western board", so maybe not unrelated to the earlier widespread power outages. Western Power Distribution took a major hit in those.

Bill
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Aug-19 11:36:43
Print Post

Re: IDNet investigating service outages

[re: prlzx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by prlzx:
IDNet Status Page

I had a home outage from about 9:20 to 10:20 as well as alerts on several other business lines this evening.
Symptom here was that VDSL remained synced but PPP logins were timing out.
Same here. In fact the drop appeared to happen shortly after I went online with my laptop. I accessed BBC news then opened a thread on a golfing forum I visited, tried to post a reply and that was that.

It was a bit of a shame because after the power outage at 5pm (that was unnerving as it affected both the town where I work - Banbury - and the town where I live - Brackley) my modem had reconnected at a higher speed. I got a TBB speed test result of 73Mb/s. When the outage hit later in the evening I ended up power cycling the modem after power cycling the router didn't help.

DLM hasn't put me in the naughty chair but I'm now back to what I've had for the past couple of years. It'd probably have dropped me back to that eventually anyway.

But yeah that power cut yesterday was unnerving. We've had a few cuts at the office which is on the outskirts because of builders putting up new houses. But when I noticed traffic lights out as I drove toward the M40 I began to realise it was more serious. And then to get home twenty minutes later and find that the power was out 12 miles away, there are some scary thoughts going through your mind.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to