User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User beefcakechipz
(learned) Wed 11-Dec-19 14:09:20
Print Post

Re: Packet Loss Still Happening With IDnet

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Mine is also worse today

My Broadband Ping

I reported the packet loss over 7 days ago to idnet but i got no reply other than a statement on the website saying Zens network has some problems.

I have again sent another e-mail to idnet to report this issue and im waiting on an answer to what is wrong.

Edited by beefcakechipz (Wed 11-Dec-19 14:18:02)

Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Dec-19 14:15:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
Mine isn't looking any better than the last few days. I will be emailing Brian tonight with a snapshot for the day, but here is my Live BQM trace, so you can see what my connection is doing in real time:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

Have you all logged calls with IDNet? If not, can I suggest you do as we are probably not all on the same backhaul.

If we have a consistent issue across both Zen and BTw backhauls that suggests something closer to home to IDNet.
I've just emailed support and got this response:

'What issues are you experiencing with the connection?

Can you run some ping tests and traceroutes and send across the results. We are seeing no issues on the network.

Kind regards

Steve'

I've just replied telling him to look at the graph and asking him to escalate the issue.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Wed 11-Dec-19 14:18:50)

(learned) Wed 11-Dec-19 14:24:27
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

idnet have told me i need to send traceroutes to help them find the issue, they also told me my circuit is with BTW.

Edited by beefcakechipz (Wed 11-Dec-19 15:17:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User billford
(elder) Wed 11-Dec-19 16:00:03
Print Post

Re: Packet Loss Still Happening With IDnet *DELETED*

[re: beefcakechipz] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford
Standard User billford
(elder) Wed 11-Dec-19 16:11:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by Andrue:
I've just replied telling him to look at the graph and asking him to escalate the issue.

Network Status page:
Notifications
Broadband - ADSL/FTTC/FTTP
We are aware that some broadband customers are experiencing a low level (under 2% ) of packet loss. Whilst such a low level will not effect regular activity we regard any measurable level of packet loss as unacceptable. We are pursing the cause of the issue with our suppliers.

Bill
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Dec-19 17:01:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by beefcakechipz:
idnet have told me i need to send traceroutes to help them find the issue, they also told me my circuit is with BTW.
I got a reply from Brian indicating that they are chasing the issue with their suppliers. And at least their status page acknowledges the issue finally.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
(learned) Wed 11-Dec-19 19:21:43
Print Post

yes well done to everyone for reporting this smile Lets hope all goes back to normal
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Wed 11-Dec-19 20:27:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by beefcakechipz:
yes well done to everyone for reporting this smile Lets hope all goes back to normal

Indeed so, but the lack of a positive customer service response to a problem reported many times in public media (and presumably also on their own customer reporting systems) does call into question the premium paid to this ISP to supposedly bring a better informed and more pro-active response to customer problems.

On top of that, there is the long e-mail chain I have had with their support regarding the big discrepancy between our sync speed, download speed, BTw IP profile and profile they were reading from the radius server which was eventually dismissed after some days of correspondence with a note that we were on re-transmission high so they couldn't do anything about it.

Then again there is the acknowledgment from their support that they have a bespoke firmware from Billion installed on the current 8800AXL R2 they supply to customers but they do not intend to let anyone with that router bought from IDNet pre-patch know that there is a bespoke download available. Nor will they confirm they will roll out any future bespoke patch from Billion to their customers if that situation arises

This all makes hindsight wonder whether a renewal a couple of months ago so that we could continue to pay a premium for a better standard of customer service was the wisest decision.

Edited by GonePostal (Wed 11-Dec-19 20:39:12)

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Dec-19 21:36:26
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GonePostal:
Indeed so, but the lack of a positive customer service response to a problem reported many times in public media (and presumably also on their own customer reporting systems) does call into question the premium paid to this ISP to supposedly bring a better informed and more pro-active response to customer problems.

On top of that, there is the long e-mail chain I have had with their support regarding the big discrepancy between our sync speed, download speed, BTw IP profile and profile they were reading from the radius server which was eventually dismissed after some days of correspondence with a note that we were on re-transmission high so they couldn't do anything about it.

Then again there is the acknowledgment from their support that they have a bespoke firmware from Billion installed on the current 8800AXL R2 they supply to customers but they do not intend to let anyone with that router bought from IDNet pre-patch know that there is a bespoke download available. Nor will they confirm they will roll out any future bespoke patch from Billion to their customers if that situation arises

This all makes hindsight wonder whether a renewal a couple of months ago so that we could continue to pay a premium for a better standard of customer service was the wisest decision.

I have some sympathies with you GP, particularly as I am on annual subscription that was due out today. Even then we are not tied in as IDNet have previously informed me that although I pay annually I am on on a rolling 30 day contract and not locked into another 12 month period. If I left mid way through the year, I would be refunded for any full unused months I have paid in advance for.

To be honest, I am struggling to find anybody I feel is offering better value for money and who provides a better than budget service. I have a small list of other ISPs I would consider after a bad experiene with Sky and they are either more expensive (AAISP or Uno) or may not provide as good a service: Zen (Cheaper BB but significantly dearer phone charges + single thread speed issues in the past); Pulse 8 (OK but support not as good as IDNet in my view); and Uno's Duo product (low assured line speed).

I too have had a run in with IDNet regarding my IP Profile, which is 73.77Mbps on and 80Mbps sync and not received what I considered an appropriate response, but I think I would only get more joy elsewhere if I was willing to spend £10 a month extra with AAISP or Uno and I am not willing to make that commitment.
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Dec-19 21:42:46
Print Post

And here is today's snapshot:

Certainly no better than yesterday's:

Let's see what IDNet say tomorrow.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to