User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Apr-21 11:17:59
Print Post

Re: PPP session failures?

[re: E300] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E300:
How did you get on BT backhaul?

Interestingly your connection still had a wobble around the same time as our connection issues (increased ping times) but you seemed to ride it without losing your connection or the increase latency afterwards.

They offered to shift me because of ongoing single thread speed issues. I elected to go on TTw when I joined and they were supposed to have then moved me onto BTw, but their provisioning department had moved me onto Zen. I only found this out when I had further single thread speed issues and they offered to move me to BTw.

I have found that they will talk about taking things up with their suppliers, but if you push them about which supplier they are using for your connection they will tell you.
Standard User E300
(member) Sun 25-Apr-21 14:48:45
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info. I sort of have speed issues, testing against Thinkbroadband I'm lucky to get a single thread test greater than 300Meg, sometimes as low as 150Meg, with multi-threaded being 700 to 800Meg (on the 1000/120 package). Using other testers, like Speedtest.net I can do a single threaded test against some servers and get > 700, with multi-thread > 900, so I think with some routing there is quite a bit of congestion and that includes to Thinkbroads speed testers..

So performance is lack lustre with nothing to shout about, it's fast enough for anything I need it to do and I wanted the faster package to get the faster uploads speed. It is kind of annoying if other people are getting better performance on different backhaul whilst still paying the same price! I guess I would sum up the performance as typically Zen, network pushed to the limit and why I didn't want to go with them even if cheaper. I kind of assumed and was assured it was just their backhaul and I wouldn't be lumped up with all the regular Zen customers, but I think basically they are just reselling Zen's products, at least that is what it seems like.

Edited by E300 (Sun 25-Apr-21 14:50:18)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Apr-21 03:35:09
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:
In reply to a post by E300:
How did you get on BT backhaul?

Interestingly your connection still had a wobble around the same time as our connection issues (increased ping times) but you seemed to ride it without losing your connection or the increase latency afterwards.

They offered to shift me because of ongoing single thread speed issues. I elected to go on TTw when I joined and they were supposed to have then moved me onto BTw, but their provisioning department had moved me onto Zen. I only found this out when I had further single thread speed issues and they offered to move me to BTw.

I have found that they will talk about taking things up with their suppliers, but if you push them about which supplier they are using for your connection they will tell you.
explains why Zen are migrating people onto tt wholesale and not their own from btw

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to