Technical Discussion
  >> Television over Broadband (IPTV)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Jul-20 00:18:07
Print Post

Now Tv cost increase

[link to this post]

i have had an email saying that now TV entertainment is going up by a quid to £9.99, I think that is me out, I don't watch enough to make it worth nearly a tenner. I don't know if their film channels will increase in price, but I expect they will.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User flilot
(regular) Wed 29-Jul-20 00:26:33
Print Post

Re: Now Tv cost increase

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Covered over on ISPR:
NOW TV to Hit UK Customers with Entertainment Price Hike

Carl
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Aug-20 18:35:14
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

I will cancel, I do not really watch it that much anyway and been watching stuff on Amazon Prime and YouTube more these days.
Thanks for the link

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Aug-20 00:45:50
Print Post

Yes rip off by Sky and NowTV owned by Sky.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Aug-20 08:00:23
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

It's hardly a rip off if interested in content from Sky, Fox, CC and more.

It's better than £25+ a month and a contract to get a TV service.

My only hope is that they continue to bring new content and would love to see some 4K content come about,

I've been using Sky Q for the past few weeks with Ultra HD + HDR and pretty impressive but I have cancelled during cooling term as I'm moving home and won't be able to have a dish.

17 channels for £10 a month, £13 if including the HD and Screen Boost is pretty good.

Matt - Just a JitteryPinger

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Chef, whats next?
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Aug-20 10:28:04
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I would not go for another sky contract, done that around 12 years back and it lasted 12 months and then I got rid of it, plus I would need a Tv licence.
I agree, now Tv is not a rip off as such, but I do think the cost now is too much for what you get, sure it has plenty of content and while I am not that bothered about 4K, I think they should at leats now have HD as standard without paying extra, but this is how sky works, as far as I know people still have to pay extra for HD on the sky packages unless you go for everything.
I think paying extra to get HD is a rip off, certainly in this day and age.

I have not been using Now Tv that much, there are a couple of things I like watching, but it is not worth keeping for that, at the end of the day there are too many services and sometimes one of them have to go.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Aug-20 10:40:58
Print Post

Hi Adrian,

You are correct to be honest, its a tad expensive, maybe by about £1-2 a month comparing to Netflix premium cost.

As you say it depends on whats being watching, I've been enjoying content from the new Sky Nature, Documentaries and Comedy channels, and also watch programs on Fox a lot, I've actually found I don't watch much on Netflix anymore but I don't pay for that.

Matt - Just a JitteryPinger

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Chef, whats next?
Standard User neo_wales
(regular) Sun 02-Aug-20 19:38:20
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

It is now pricey for what they offer and I'd dump it but the wife and grandkids use it so I'm stuck with it. I thought the same about Britbox but as its turning out there is more and more on there I enjoy but its not the best laid out site to be honest.

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i9 PC
i7 Surface Pro 7
Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Sun 02-Aug-20 20:14:18
Print Post

Who actually pays the standard pricing anyway?

Many seem to either buy cheap passes via the likes of cdkeys or Amazon or wait for offers from Now after cancellation.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sun 02-Aug-20 21:06:22
Print Post

[re: Davey_H] [link to this post]

Just gone in to cancel myself and it's offered me £5.50 for six months on the entertainment pack.

Your Mileage May Vary of course

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (76 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Sun 02-Aug-20 21:06:57)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to