General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | [102] | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:01:24
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Yesbert] [link to this post]

Me neither, it is very frustrating that they are still so broad though. They don't say they'll let you know if you're unsuccessful, or give any timescales as to how long they expect to be finishing it off for or how many vacancies they still have!
A little bit more clarity would be nice!
Standard User Yesbert
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:07:05
Print Post

[re: Willirv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Willirv:
Me neither, it is very frustrating that they are still so broad though. They don't say they'll let you know if you're unsuccessful, or give any timescales as to how long they expect to be finishing it off for or how many vacancies they still have!
A little bit more clarity would be nice!

I feel your pain, it was 2 weeks ago today I received the first email saying I has passed the video interview and were considering, other then me emailing them asking for an update and them replying back just basically saying be patient, this is the first update I've had, slowly losing hope now.
Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:10:34
Print Post

[re: Yesbert] [link to this post]

Two weeks is nothing. My last update was in February, and I know that some people have been waiting 8/9 months for a reply. The volume of people they have had applying was always going to make things slow. It's just annoying that they aren't now saying we expect to be completed by .........

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Yesbert
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:13:40
Print Post

Two weeks is nothing. My last update was in February, and I know that some people have been waiting 8/9 months for a reply. The volume of people they have had applying was always going to make things slow. It's just annoying that they aren't now saying we expect to be completed by .........

Jeez, I thought I was hard done by with 2 weeks maybe I was late in the threshold of applications so I had less time to wait then, but yeah a timescale would be nice even if they said give us a week or less or something like that.
Standard User mackemrocker
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:14:39
Print Post

Anyone else just has an email saying they’re coming to the end of the recruitment process?

Just had this:

Good morning,

Firstly I want to thank you for your application for the Openreach Trainee Engineer role, and our apologies for how long it has taken us to contact you.

We have been overwhelmed with applicants for these roles. To date we have had in excess of 60,000 applications for less than 3000 trainee engineer vacancies.

Due to the number of vacancies we had and the high number of applications received, we are nearing completion of our current recruitment campaign in your area at this time.

We just wanted to give you a quick update to let you know we still have a few more remaining vacancies and we are working as quickly as possible to set up additional assessment centres to fill the remaining posts.

Unfortunately we won’t be able to invite everyone to an assessment centre. I want to add that when all our vacancies have been filled, we will keep your details on file. When new roles are released, we will contact you to see if you are still interested in working for Openreach.

Thank you again for your application and patience.

Regards

Openreach Recruitment Team

i got the same but the message changes half way down to say they have completed the recruitment in my area and will hold my details and contact me when new ones appear to see if im still interested.
Standard User mackemrocker
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:16:08
Print Post

i appled in January, last update was february saying ive passed the video stage and this morning got a mail saying theyve completed the recruitment in my area.

2 weeks is nowt when you have your hopes up for 5 month to get that reply
Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:19:20
Print Post

[re: mackemrocker] [link to this post]

Similar to me then. I'll just have to hope I get one of these last few and if not look for something else. Thankfully I'm secure in my current job for another year so wasn't completely relying on it!
Standard User Yesbert
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:22:33
Print Post

Similar to me then. I'll just have to hope I get one of these last few and if not look for something else. Thankfully I'm secure in my current job for another year so wasn't completely relying on it!

Same for me, I'm in secure job that pays well but want a career and not just a job.
Standard User Yesbert
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 11:33:25
Print Post

Where did you both apply?
Standard User NewMember123
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 12:17:17
Print Post

Yes i had this as well today mate
Pages in this thread: << 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | [102] | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to