General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | [105] | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hellfire31
(newbie) Sat 29-Jun-19 14:55:30
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Aldo77] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Aldo77:
not necessarily, i found out i'd passed assessment and was offered a role a week later, some people can get an offer the next day, some wait months. Depends on the needs of the business in your area

Did they first send you an email from Hungary telling you there were no positions then a week later send you another offering you one. I can understand that it takes a long time to put together the right people and then allocate training courses and buddying and so on.... it cant be an easy task and must take time.
Standard User Aldo77
(learned) Sat 29-Jun-19 15:15:01
Print Post

[re: hellfire31] [link to this post]

Nah they must've had spaces to fill so i was offered a position straight up, they literally could decide next week that they want to step things up in your area and create a position and offer you a role, the wait must be frustrating though. Just be happy to have had an assessment and passed, a job will come for you.
Standard User hellfire31
(newbie) Sat 29-Jun-19 15:17:54
Print Post

[re: Aldo77] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Aldo77:
Nah they must've had spaces to fill so i was offered a position straight up, they literally could decide next week that they want to step things up in your area and create a position and offer you a role, the wait must be frustrating though. Just be happy to have had an assessment and passed, a job will come for you.

I am over the moon with the pass.....just keen to get stuck in

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Wyt456
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 11:32:26
Print Post

Assessment Day next Weds in Leeds. Any tips from those already been/passed?

Cheers!
Standard User Phcb92
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 11:44:34
Print Post

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

Hi everyone.

I got the same email as a few folk have posted on here with the news that I had been unsuccessful with my fibre engineer trainee job as they’ve already finished their recruitment in my area etc.

I also got another email a few days before though with a table of 5 other apprenticeships with all the locations available too. Underneath the table it read:

“The start date for these roles would be Monday 23rd September. For more information on the qualification you would complete on-programme, plus the salary and benefits, please check out the apprenticeships page on our BT Careers website.

If you’re interested in attending our final assessment to work out if you’re the right fit for the role, please let
us know by replying to this email. Please note that due to your previous Openreach application, we would not need you to apply for the role on the website, but could fast-track you into the final assessment.

We look forward to hearing from you!
The BT apprenticeships recruitment team”

Has anyone else had this?
Standard User TVvisionengineer
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 12:26:19
Print Post

[re: Phcb92] [link to this post]

Yes, we all got that email too...
Standard User Phcb92
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 12:47:39
Print Post

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

What were the results from you replying to this?
Standard User TVvisionengineer
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 13:15:50
Print Post

[re: Phcb92] [link to this post]

I never replied, there were no jobs within 100 miles of my home...
Standard User hellfire31
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 20:14:10
Print Post

[re: Wyt456] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Wyt456:
Assessment Day next Weds in Leeds. Any tips from those already been/passed?

Cheers!

Just be yourself and be confident. Research the company well as they will as questions like who are our customers (talk talk, sky,Virgin and so on ). Health and safety questions will come up. The practical test is ok, bit fiddly as you only have 20 mins to do it and you are going to be nervous so your hands wont work. Maths and English you have 40 mins for each section, its not a test just gives them an insight into your level for the NVQ, i took 15 mins on both (very easy)

let us know how you get on
Standard User Wyt456
(newbie) Mon 01-Jul-19 20:23:48
Print Post

Cheers! That’s useful. Will let you know - fingers crossed!
Pages in this thread: << 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | [105] | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to