General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | [111] | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Almighty26
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 20:32:02
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: hellfire31] [link to this post]

Are they giving you regular updates etc or just left you just waiting for the start date email. Be nice if they were updating regularly (monthly/fortnightly) from someone not just a generic ďwe havenít forgot about you emailĒ. Iím from
Gloucester way.
Standard User hellfire31
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 20:39:05
Print Post

[re: Almighty26] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Almighty26:
Are they giving you regular updates etc or just left you just waiting for the start date email. Be nice if they were updating regularly (monthly/fortnightly) from someone not just a generic ďwe havenít forgot about you emailĒ. Iím from
Gloucester way.

No they wont update you, i waited 2 weeks then emailed them and was advised that there would not be any updates and it wasn't worth emailing to find out as they will contact you when they are ready. i guess they are working on areas at a time as i see Milton Keynes is getting moving. its going to be next year now as during the AC they said they had training dates in November and POSSIBLY December. still we might be at Yarnfield together smile
Standard User Almighty26
(newbie) Thu 18-Jul-19 20:47:50
Print Post

[re: hellfire31] [link to this post]

Ahh I see. Could be a big back log then. I wonder how many people are on a training course at a time. Iím in no rush but leaving my current job in January (can leave earlier but best possible time) but Iíll still be getting paid up until the last day in March. But Iíd like to know if there was a training course set in stone as if they didnít run one till after March Iíd have to get a job to just pay the bills till the course

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bikerchick
(learned) Tue 23-Jul-19 12:11:04
Print Post

[re: Bikerchick] [link to this post]

'Edw454' if you see this I can't reply to your message as it says your account is blocked for receiving messages. Your best bet is to join the Discord group as there is a lot of info on there for new starters. Try comment or message again and can sort it.
Standard User Edw454
(newbie) Wed 24-Jul-19 13:31:03
Print Post

thanks! ive fixed that now
and ive also found it much easier to use this forum on my laptop in stead of my phone!
ive been offered fnd cabler staerting 11th november
have you started, how are you finding it?

also if you have a link to discord that would be great, i assume its an invite only thing which is why everyone asks for a link?

thanks

Edited by Edw454 (Wed 24-Jul-19 14:00:55)

Standard User Bikerchick
(learned) Wed 24-Jul-19 14:06:17
Print Post

[re: Edw454] [link to this post]

Hi, glad you've got it sorted now. My start date is the 9th September so still got a few weeks to wait.
I found the Discord group to be really helpful for advice and quick for response to questions but all a really friendly bunch, if you want a link let me know when's best to catch you and I'll get a link for you as they aren't active very long.
This is the basic info for Cabler Training on discord group,
Week 1 - Yarnfield induction
Week 2 - training centre for gas testing, cover lifting, hand rodding, EUSR
Week 3 - training centre for Your Visit Counts and Streetworks (signing lighting guarding)
Week 4 - training centre for light cabling
Then thereís poles around week 20 and copper or fibre jointing around week 35
Pretty much you'll be working in teams of 2 or 3 and apparently rare to work by yourself.
Hope this is a little more helpful.
Standard User Edw454
(newbie) Wed 24-Jul-19 14:11:46
Print Post

great thanks. if you can get a link send it over ill look out for it, thanks
Standard User Bikerchick
(learned) Wed 24-Jul-19 14:17:22
Print Post

Just asked for one so keep checking mate.
Standard User Bikerchick
(learned) Wed 24-Jul-19 20:31:43
Print Post

https://discord.gg/zDTJyJ
Be quick mate, hope you get it on time.
Standard User Edw454
(newbie) Wed 24-Jul-19 23:23:10
Print Post

Missed it...! Can u PM one to me if u get a chance again? Thankyou
Pages in this thread: << 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | [111] | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to