General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | [120] | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bikerchick
(regular) Tue 27-Aug-19 00:30:28
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Jule32turn] [link to this post]

Hi, the practical test wasn't a plug when I did mine, it was to wire a phone socket up. They demonstrate it all first and then you just have a go yourself, you have 20 mins to complete it but I found it pretty simple task to do and finished pretty quickly.
You get 45 mins for each test, both are just assessments to see where your at currently so it's not a pass/fail situation but wouldn't hurt just brushing up on stuff if you wanted too but they are straight forward.
There are 2 interview with 2 different people and it's pretty much to asses how you've dealt with things from previous employment with dealing with bad situations etc and also health and safety but also to see what your like as a potential employee but they only last about 10 mins each. Yes there are usually 2 sessions, am and pm and it's for about 4 hours in total but expect to travel to get to an AC.
It's advisable to go smart but don't need to overdress, a shirt and tie and trousers would be fine.
It's very relaxed atmosphere so just enjoy it and most of all be yourself as that's what their looking for.
Hope that's helped on most parts.
Standard User Jule32turn
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-19 08:37:32
Print Post

[re: Bikerchick] [link to this post]

thank you for your reply Biker chick

maybe the plug test is a new one, or they switch the tests up. Is there a lot of waiting around at the centre between tasks and how many applicants are there?

I was worried about the interviews, I expected it to be a long interview with a panel of 4 or 5 interviewers : )

Do you know who I have to message to get a invite to the discord group? I tried the links but they say expired.
Standard User Bikerchick
(regular) Tue 27-Aug-19 12:22:40
Print Post

That's ok.
I did my AC at the end of February so not that long ago and I know people after me have still have to do the wiring for the socket so would say it's still the same task but if you follow what the guy demos then it's pretty simple task.
There is not that much waiting around as you go into the different areas at different times so it flows quite well, there was only about 15 at mine but think that's about average to get through everyone in the 4 hours.
Yeah that's what I thought about the interviews but it was more relaxed than I expected, he just asks you a few questions and then go in to speak to the other guy but it is pretty relaxed and there are engineers there you can chat to and ask questions to.
I can get a link for you from one of the admins, but they don't stay active long so you have to get in pretty quick.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jule32turn
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-19 14:32:45
Print Post

I will wait for your link Biker chick

would a suit jacket but no tie be okay?
and what specific job roles are available as there isnt much information out there.
Fibre jointer is mentioned a lot and the role which you go to customer houses and install or repair connections.
do you get a choice what you go into or do you have to take whatever role is available?

any inside information you have on this area will be really helpful
Standard User Bikerchick
(regular) Tue 27-Aug-19 15:49:39
Print Post

I'll try get a link in a little bit so keep your eyes peeled.
Yes a jacket is fine as long as you look smart. Job roles mainly given out are SD - service delivery, which are the ones that go to properties for faults and installs etc, CABLER - this role is to run/lay the cables to new builds or people getting fttp etc, then FIBRE JOINTERS - these follow the cabler installs but coming along and connecting all the cables up. There are Pole Tester positions but not heard of anyone recently getting that role.
You don't get a choice in which role your given as it's dependant on the needs of the area. I start in 2 weeks and was given Cabler role although I'd of like fibre jointer I think But I have heard on occasion some people's roles have been changed when they go to yarnfield for the first weeks training but that is rare.
Standard User Bikerchick
(regular) Tue 27-Aug-19 17:38:03
Print Post

Someone else has asked for a link so may as well use it for you too.
https://discord.gg/quTPCX
Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Wed 28-Aug-19 14:36:12
Print Post

Anyone been offered an AC Recently? No update on my application since passing video interview in February!
Standard User Jule32turn
(newbie) Wed 28-Aug-19 15:24:00
Print Post

noooo someone else has used the link or it expired!

about the id and utility bills on the assessment day, do they just take a look at it and make sure everything matches or they take copies? are they strict about everything or is it okay?
is this done at the beginning of the assessment?

thank you for your help biker chick

Willirv did you email recruitment? they may not be calling people to the assessment if there is no vacancy available in your area even if you have passed the online interview
Standard User Bitofbanter
(learned) Thu 29-Aug-19 18:14:58
Print Post

[re: Willirv] [link to this post]

Been 4 weeks since I passed video interview, where do you live? I am from North Wales.
Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Fri 30-Aug-19 08:30:55
Print Post

[re: Bitofbanter] [link to this post]

I'm in east Lancashire. I've emailed recruitment a few times and got the same generic reply!
Pages in this thread: << 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | [120] | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to