General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | [126] | 127 | 128 | 129 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User choppersrock
(regular) Mon 30-Sep-19 11:53:45
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Sonny_T] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sonny_T:
Hi all.

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how long the average wait time is to get started?

I passed the assessment day and was told I had the job back in mid March.

Iv'e tried emailing several times but just keep getting the auto-generated generic fluff back that doesn't answer the actual questions in my email.

Seems extremely unprofessional for a company to offer people jobs then just leave them in limbo for so long without even an email to say that they haven't forgotten about you.

Is this the normal standard for Openreach? How long have you guys been waiting?

I am based in Tayside, Scotland. Thanks

my start date was about 7 months after passing assessment . Am due to start 2 weeks today but not had any info yet with regards to travel or anything etc...

Sky Fibre Pro - Billion 880nl V1 (bridge mode) + Opnsense with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled April 2016
Standard User Sonny_T
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-19 14:35:46
Print Post

[re: choppersrock] [link to this post]

That's good that you are at least getting started then.

How long ago did you get your email with your start date?
(regular) Mon 30-Sep-19 14:46:58
Print Post

applied around 2 years ago but got no response the first time
second application end of 2018/early 2019
march 2019 assessment
provisional job offer was 5 days after AC but did not state a start date at that point. That came a few days later with sept/oct/nov, tried for sept but was already booked out so hence October. not far off 12 months from application to start date for me...

Sky Fibre Pro - Billion 880nl V1 (bridge mode) + Opnsense with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled April 2016

Edited by choppersrock (Mon 30-Sep-19 14:48:01)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sonny_T
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-19 17:55:20
Print Post

See that's what's worrying me. How can you be given a start date so far in advance when they tell me that they can't predict when a space will become available?

Even if they kept in touch just once in a while, it would put my mind at ease.
Standard User Kirdaz
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-19 19:40:03
Print Post

Seems like most people have at least been given a start date fairly soon after passing the assessment centre. Its now 4 months since passing with no start date. Its starting to feel like it'll never happen. It really is just a case of waiting for a place but not knowing how many people in front of me in the same position. Fingers crossed for a new recruitment drive soon.
Standard User Sonny_T
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-19 20:17:50
Print Post

[re: Kirdaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kirdaz:
Seems like most people have at least been given a start date fairly soon after passing the assessment centre. Its now 4 months since passing with no start date. Its starting to feel like it'll never happen. It really is just a case of waiting for a place but not knowing how many people in front of me in the same position. Fingers crossed for a new recruitment drive soon.

There has just been a recruitment drive.

Having been told that I have job in March then nothing short nice, m not holding my breath. I hope I am wrong though
As I really think I would be good at this job.
Standard User Kirdaz
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-19 20:45:43
Print Post

@Sonny_T who do you email? I've been emailing the person in Hungary who told me I'd passed the AC and waiting for start dates. Have you joined the Discord group? A site for applicants, trainees and fully qualified engineers. Gives you a chance to get a lot of questions answered.
Standard User Sonny_T
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-19 23:08:59
Print Post

[re: Kirdaz] [link to this post]

Keep missing the discord links ha.

I've been email both the man and woman in Hungary.

It's just the same response every time.
(regular) Wed 02-Oct-19 15:36:05
Print Post

Well all change at last minute before start date for me. Was and has been starting as trainee engineer (service delivery frontline) since March but now told this is on hold so has now changed to trainee engineer - fibre jointer if I wish to continue.

Standard User Kirdaz
(newbie) Wed 02-Oct-19 16:27:20
Print Post

I should think after that wait you'll still be happy to take that role ?? I'll be happy with whatever. I think fibre or copper jointer could be less stressful as you are normally part of a gang possibly with someone who knows what they are doing. What area are you from ?
Pages in this thread: << 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | [126] | 127 | 128 | 129 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to