General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | [129] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Sonny_T
(newbie) Mon 07-Oct-19 13:19:25
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: choppersrock] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by choppersrock:
Nice to receive a "welcome to the openreach team" gift pack in the post today. Finally after 7 months since my offer its starting to feel like things are moving along smile

Week 1 at yarnfield week Sunday

That's great mate!

I'm at the 7 month point aswell now but still waiting...

Feels like I've had to just put my life on hold until Openreach decide to get in touch. No communication what so ever from unless it's me sending the email.

Edited by Sonny_T (Mon 07-Oct-19 13:23:22)

Standard User Kirdaz
(newbie) Mon 07-Oct-19 21:41:24
Print Post

[re: Sonny_T] [link to this post]

I emailed then again today. Usually once a month, the reply i got this time was "unfortunately there are no positions available within 40 minutes of your location. We currently have limited places left and are mainly for Scotland and Birmingham. We cannot guarantee you a place this year. Thank you for your understanding....

So I'm telling myself not to think about getting a call this year.
Standard User Jamiesmack
(newbie) Tue 08-Oct-19 21:42:12
Print Post

[re: Kirdaz] [link to this post]

Iíve just had this:

Firstly I want to thank you for your application for the Openreach Trainee Engineer role, and our apologies for how long it has taken us to contact you.
We have been overwhelmed with applicants for these roles. To date we have had in excess of 60,000 applications for less than 3000 trainee engineer vacancies.
Unfortunately due to the limited number of vacancies we had and the high number of applications received, we have now completed our recruitment in your area at this time.
I want to add that we will keep all your details on file. When new roles are released, we will contact you to see if you would still be interested in working for Openreach.
Thank you again for your application and patience.
Regards
Openreach Recruitment Team

Gutted, been waiting for an assessment centre date since January.

So, when should I next apply &#128514;

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bitofbanter
(learned) Tue 08-Oct-19 22:00:12
Print Post

[re: Jamiesmack] [link to this post]

You donít need to apply again do you?
Which area you from?
Standard User Kirdaz
(newbie) Wed 09-Oct-19 07:22:59
Print Post

[re: Jamiesmack] [link to this post]

I've seen quite a few in the past with this generic email and then some after only a few weeks/months end up getting through to assessment centres. You don't need to reapply as they do keep your details. It seems you get paused wherever you are in the process and then when positions come available you'll end up doing the AC very quickly. Just give them an email periodically. There is now a postcode checker again on the BT careers website so also keep an eye on that.

Edited by Kirdaz (Wed 09-Oct-19 07:35:11)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Oct-19 12:25:38
Print Post

Closed due to size

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

Sorry for cutting anyone off in mid-chat, but massively long threads get harder to handle on some devices so we periodically close them.

Everything still actively posting, feel free to start a part 10, or a subject relevant to your question/topic and link back to any relevant post if context is required

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: << 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | [129] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to