General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gavorose
(newbie) Tue 19-Feb-19 14:46:48
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: wah007] [link to this post]

hello mate, You get paid from the first day of employment, hand your notice in once you get a start date,usually 1 months notice, make sure you complete all the checks such as uniform, bank details, criminal record check and photo i.d, then when thats all done you should get travel documents and accommodation but im still awaiting mine.

are you still awaiting a start date?
Standard User wah007
(committed) Tue 19-Feb-19 16:21:29
Print Post

[re: Gavorose] [link to this post]

Hi mate, thanks a lot for the info. I did my video interview about a week ago so waiting to her back on that. Hopefully should hear something soon. Good luck with your training, I hope it goes well.

Edited by wah007 (Tue 19-Feb-19 16:23:09)

Standard User Bitofbanter
(newbie) Tue 19-Feb-19 18:45:57
Print Post

[re: wah007] [link to this post]

How technical is the job? If you get stuck on a job what happens?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MMCMME
(regular) Tue 19-Feb-19 19:53:14
Print Post

[re: Bitofbanter] [link to this post]

Theres a great amount of on job support.
You will be allocated a buddy during training if you need someone to call. Also a training coach. Each team has a senior engineer to call on and theres also a coach on demand number to ring anytime for help.
If the job needs a 2nd pair of hands, you can raise an assist on your jobs app and another engineer will be along to help out.
As you move through training you will also find yourself saving the phone numbers of every engineer you meet. Very handy to build up a network of guys!
You will be working alone but your never alone!
Standard User ESmith
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-19 05:04:51
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

Hi, I have an ongoing application in early stages. If successful I would guess it highly likely training would overlap with a friends wedding which is out of the country. Does anyone know if you have option to take any holiday during the training or is this a definite no? Just wondering as if not wondering if worth carrying on at this stage. Thank you.
Standard User MMCMME
(regular) Wed 20-Feb-19 08:11:51
Print Post

[re: ESmith] [link to this post]

They are quite accommodating so if you have any holidays or flights pre-booked, make sure you declare them at assessment with proof and they should either honour them or adjust your start date to suit.
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-19 08:49:50
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

How many Saturdays do you have to work? Do you get a van for yourself straight away? What if you go over your time?
Standard User Samm32
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-19 10:51:31
Print Post

[re: Bitofbanter] [link to this post]

I did my video interview on the 22nd January my job application has been updated to complete on the 18th February but I still haven’t received an email to let me know if iv been successful or not has anyone else had this problem?
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-19 10:52:34
Print Post

[re: Samm32] [link to this post]

Yes a lot of us on here are waiting! I did my interview on the 25/1!
Standard User Jason321
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-19 11:10:47
Print Post

[re: willmer2019] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by willmer2019:
Hi,
On the 12th of February I applied as a trainee engineer on the Open reach website. I submitted the application form with my details. I then received a video interview the next day and submitted that.

I never had to do a situational test which is stage 2 on the website or submit my CV. I also have no way of logging in a checking my progress like others have said on here.

Is this correct or has there been an error?

Same process for me mate. I can only log into the website mentioned earlier because I applied last year (and failed). It just lists my application from last year on there as “completed”. I’m a bit confused too as when I applied before I had to do the full process..
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to