General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jason321
(newbie) Thu 21-Feb-19 19:44:53
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: willmer2019] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by willmer2019:
Weird, when I sent my submission it never asked me for a CV and just went straight to a video interview. How will they know what experience / qualifications I have

Same for me, I thought it was strange. What region are you? I wondered if it was a regional thing..
Standard User Leeroy123
(learned) Thu 21-Feb-19 19:50:49
Print Post

[re: Jason321] [link to this post]

I never did either and im in suffolk
Standard User Jason321
(newbie) Thu 21-Feb-19 19:53:01
Print Post

[re: Leeroy123] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Leeroy123:
I never did either and im in suffolk

Yeah Im Cambridgeshire/Suffolk border. My video interview said Cambridge/East Anglia so i guess I was interviewing for Cambridge.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Leeroy123
(learned) Thu 21-Feb-19 19:59:58
Print Post

They have put me down for Ipswich/ Colchester. Have u had a response?
Standard User Jason321
(newbie) Thu 21-Feb-19 20:05:31
Print Post

They have put me down for Ipswich/ Colchester. Have u had a response?

Ive not heard anything since my video interview. That was 2 weeks ago today. When I first applied there were 6 jobs near me, there are only 2 showing now which is weird too.
Standard User Leeroy123
(learned) Thu 21-Feb-19 20:08:47
Print Post

Same here only 2 for me now but there was 5 , i just wanna no to put me out of my misery lol
Standard User willmer2019
(newbie) Thu 21-Feb-19 20:14:45
Print Post

Same here, 9 when applied and now only 3. I am based in Mid Devon.

Could it be that now Openreach is a separate corporation to BT, they may be changing the recruitment process. Many other the other applicants applied on the "BT.taleo.net" site. Maybe they are implementing their own system for recruitment? We could be in the middle of that transition.
Standard User Phil11
(newbie) Thu 21-Feb-19 20:49:51
Print Post

Same here only 2 for me now but there was 5 , i just wanna no to put me out of my misery lol

Excuse my ignorance but how are you checking how many jobs there were? I wasn't aware it could be done smile

Phil.
Standard User Phil11
(newbie) Thu 21-Feb-19 21:03:04
Print Post

[re: wah007] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wah007:
I just received the below email today. I did the video interview on the 11th Feb.

"An update regarding your Trainee Openreach Engineer Application

Dear xxxx

Were pleased to tell you that youve passed our initial screening. Were progressing your application for the Openreach Trainee Engineer Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.

Our assessment centres take place throughout the year. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive its not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates to an assessment centre based on how well they have done in the earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available.

If you are successful in receiving an invite to an assessment well be in touch to provide further information about the role were considering you for and with additional details about the day.

As we arrange hundreds of assessment centres, it does take some planning and there may be a delay in you hearing from us to let you know whether you have been successful at this stage or not. However, we will send you regular updates to let you know if you have been considered for an assessment centre place.

Well be in touch with an update as soon as we can. If you have any questions before youve heard from us please email xxxxx.

Until then, thank you for your patience and well done again on making it this far."

Hi Wah.

Does your application status on the career website also say the following? I haven't had an email but mine says this:

Congratulations!  You've passed our initial screening and we're now considering you for assessment centre.  We'll be in touch soon to let you know  when we can book you in.
Standard User wah007
(committed) Thu 21-Feb-19 21:34:51
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

Hi Phil

I didn't notice this before but when I login to the bt.taleo page it's showing 2 jobs now.

One is 'Trainee Openreach Engineer- Tier 2' and the other is 'Openreach Trainee Engineer'.

On the tier 2 one it says 'application received' and when I click on it, it says 'Congratulations! You've passed our initial screening and we're now considering you for assessment centre. We'll be in touch soon to let you know when we can book you in.' Updated Feb 21.

On the other one (non tier 2) it says application status: completed - updated Feb 21.
Pages in this thread: << 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to