General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Phil11
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-19 17:15:48
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Henderson61] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Henderson61:
Hi guys,

I had an Assessment day up in Edinburgh on the 24th of January followed by an email on 29th saying I was successful and they would get training dates sorted by the start - mid February, I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same position as me or if anyone had heard anything as Iím still waiting.

Cheers

Hello Henderson.

If you don't mind me asking, what did the assessment entail?

Thank you.

Phil.
Standard User Henderson61
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-19 17:49:07
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

Sure no problem.
It started with an induction, itís really telling you about Openreach and the benefits for working with them, it takes around 20 minutes. After that you are split into groups where you will do maths and English tests, they are a mixture of difficulties, I donít think it effects your chances too much itís really just so they know what level you are at. Then thereís 2 separate interviews. There is also a practical test where you wire some Openreach equipment, itís not really trying to do it in record time or anything itís more to see if you can follow instructions. The interviewers are really friendly and helpful, they want you to do well as itís all at a cost for them to get you to the assessment Centres. In all honesty the video interview is the most difficult thing to do. I hope this helps and good luck!

Edited by Henderson61 (Fri 22-Feb-19 18:38:59)

Standard User Grumpystevieg
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-19 18:47:05
Print Post

I was the same done my assessment 29th @exeter had email on 1st feb saying Iíd passed and awaiting training dates got my offer through today

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hewings19
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-19 19:17:08
Print Post

oh my! i didn't realise that you could check for jobs available, when i put my postcode in a message came up saying "may be expected to drive up to 60 minutes" when i checked other postcodes in London actually came up with number of jobs available. there none showing in my area gutted no wonder i been waiting 5 weeks
Standard User Henderson61
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-19 19:41:29
Print Post

[re: Grumpystevieg] [link to this post]

Hi grumpy

I take it you got offered a network engineer role?, my brother is with the company and he said my area isnít taking any service delivery engineers (thatís what he is) but In whole the company are taking on upto 3500 network delivery engineers to push on the FTTP rollout.

Cheers
Standard User wah007
(committed) Fri 22-Feb-19 19:50:05
Print Post

[re: hewings19] [link to this post]

Same here.
Standard User Phil11
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-19 21:19:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Henderson61:
Sure no problem.
It started with an induction, itís really telling you about Openreach and the benefits for working with them, it takes around 20 minutes. After that you are split into groups where you will do maths and English tests, they are a mixture of difficulties, I donít think it effects your chances too much itís really just so they know what level you are at. Then thereís 2 separate interviews. There is also a practical test where you wire some Openreach equipment, itís not really trying to do it in record time or anything itís more to see if you can follow instructions. The interviewers are really friendly and helpful, they want you to do well as itís all at a cost for them to get you to the assessment Centres. In all honesty the video interview is the most difficult thing to do. I hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks mate. Doesn't sound too bad!
Standard User Phil11
(learned) Fri 22-Feb-19 21:20:19
Print Post

[re: hewings19] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hewings19:
oh my! i didn't realise that you could check for jobs available, when i put my postcode in a message came up saying "may be expected to drive up to 60 minutes" when i checked other postcodes in London actually came up with number of jobs available. there none showing in my area gutted no wonder i been waiting 5 weeks

Yeah, it seems to change quite sporadically.

Not to fret though mate. I read somewhere that somebody waited a year and he got a job!
Standard User Sotonvegas
(newbie) Sun 24-Feb-19 08:43:06
Print Post

Yeah loads of stories of people that have waited for ages for an offer. I start soon and had my assessment last July/August time.
Standard User Phil11
(learned) Mon 25-Feb-19 00:18:19
Print Post

[re: Sotonvegas] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sotonvegas:
Yeah loads of stories of people that have waited for ages for an offer. I start soon and had my assessment last July/August time.

Good luck with your career mate. What did you eventually get as your selected role?

I've heard sometimes they put you into a gang, instead of a network delivery engineer!

Cheers,

Phil.
Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to