General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | [47] | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Steverfc91
(newbie) Mon 11-Mar-19 15:49:09
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Gaztop85] [link to this post]

I seen thereís only 240 posts throughout Scotland. Iím in dumfries an at the same stage as you guys.
Standard User chrmit
(newbie) Mon 11-Mar-19 16:27:56
Print Post

[re: Steverfc91] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Steverfc91:
I seen thereís only 240 posts throughout Scotland. Iím in dumfries an at the same stage as you guys.

Yeah, I read that too but with applying early in the year there should still be jobs available for everyone who makes it to the assessment centre so I'm not really worried about that. More concerned about getting selected to get to the AC and then not making a tit of myself lol

Saying that, even if there wasn't enough jobs to go around for everyone who met the grade we/they would just get the 'we'll be in touch when there's a suitable position' email. Would just take that wee bit longer to get a start date.
Standard User TVvisionengineer
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 10:33:13
Print Post

[re: chrmit] [link to this post]

Openreach are advertising for trainees via Facebook again, they must be short of applicants...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chrmit
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 10:39:32
Print Post

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

That's promising lol. Might get a faster start date if/when we pass the AC.
Did it happen to specify which areas or is it just non specific?
Standard User studlygf
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:31:44
Print Post

looks like the original add and just reposted it ! keep asking this but is there anyone from lanarkshire applied !
Standard User Gaztop85
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:43:20
Print Post

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

With reportedly around 30í000 applicants already for around 3000 positions surely not mate!?
Standard User thmsnew
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:43:52
Print Post

[re: studlygf] [link to this post]

I'm from Ayrshire and emailed the recruitment team as I had done my video interview on 1/2/19 and received this response.

"Thank you for contacting us.
I have checked your application in our system and it shows that you are still awaiting to be scheduled for an Assessment Centre.
We have launched a new campaign now and do expect to have all finalised locations signed off by mid-March.
Once we get the finalised plan from Openreach we will start planning out where and when our first set of Assessment Centres will take place.
Please bear with us as we do have a huge number of candidates on file and we cannot guarantee to call up everyone to the Assessment Centre immediately - it does very much depend on where our new vacancies will be and which locations are Openreach priority to fill first.

Kind reagrds,
Openreach Recruitment team"
Standard User chrmit
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:53:56
Print Post

[re: thmsnew] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if the assessment centres were already underway or not so this is kinda reassuring. It's probably safe to say that those of us who have passed the video interview at this point are likely to be called up for the 1st assessment centre in their respective areas thus giving us a stronger chance of a quick start date if successful.

Then again, I could just be talking complete nonsense but that logic makes me feel more confident at getting to Yarnfield sooner so I'm sticking with it lol
Standard User chrmit
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 12:59:38
Print Post

[re: Gaztop85] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gaztop85:
With reportedly around 30í000 applicants already for around 3000 positions surely not mate!?

I wonder how many of the 30,000 actually made it past the video interview. IMO that will be one of the most, if not the very most difficult part of the whole process. At least for me it was the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done in any application process lol
Standard User studlygf
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 13:12:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrmit:
In reply to a post by Gaztop85:

I wonder how many of the 30,000 actually made it past the video interview. IMO that will be one of the most, if not the very most difficult part of the whole process. At least for me it was the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done in any application process lol

same for me ! all i was thinking was i shouldagot a haircut !!!!!
Pages in this thread: << 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | [47] | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to