General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | [48] | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chrmit
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 13:22:50
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: studlygf] [link to this post]

Haha
It's funny, when I did the video interview last year (and failed it) I pulled out all the stops... Fresh haircut. Clean shaven for the 1st time in over 20 years and pretty much scripted all of my answers. I think I just came over as completely fake.
This time I made the decision to just be 'me'. Electric razor stubble, hair that's overdue some attention, and avoided any preplanned answers and just let it flow naturally, even if that did involve a few "ummmmmm"s and eyes drifting off to the ceiling lol. Looks like I made the right choice though. Still didn't stop me treating the 'Start Interview' button like it actually said 'self destruct' though. Never been so scared by a button in my life lol
Standard User Phil11
(learned) Tue 12-Mar-19 13:48:33
Print Post

[re: thmsnew] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thmsnew:
I'm from Ayrshire and emailed the recruitment team as I had done my video interview on 1/2/19 and received this response.

"Thank you for contacting us.
I have checked your application in our system and it shows that you are still awaiting to be scheduled for an Assessment Centre.
We have launched a new campaign now and do expect to have all finalised locations signed off by mid-March.
Once we get the finalised plan from Openreach we will start planning out where and when our first set of Assessment Centres will take place.
Please bear with us as we do have a huge number of candidates on file and we cannot guarantee to call up everyone to the Assessment Centre immediately - it does very much depend on where our new vacancies will be and which locations are Openreach priority to fill first.

Kind reagrds,
Openreach Recruitment team"

I had the exact same email mate smile
Standard User TVvisionengineer
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 14:00:56
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

I've seen the same email a few times but instead of mid-March I've seen next year, early January, February, end of the month, and March... It's a standard email that gets altered throughout the year.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gaztop85
(learned) Tue 12-Mar-19 15:16:45
Print Post

[re: chrmit] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrmit:
In reply to a post by Gaztop85:
With reportedly around 30í000 applicants already for around 3000 positions surely not mate!?

I wonder how many of the 30,000 actually made it past the video interview. IMO that will be one of the most, if not the very most difficult part of the whole process. At least for me it was the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done in any application process lol

I seen that someone who had been to the AC was told only 38% got passed the video interview. So weíre doing not bad so far Iíd say! That was my first ever video interview and reckon I definitely came across as nervous so I know what you mean! Iíd be more comfortable sitting face to face with someone than a video interview haha.
Standard User E92
(newbie) Tue 12-Mar-19 18:12:46
Print Post

[re: thmsnew] [link to this post]

Iím the same! Done my video interview at the end of January and havenít got any response since. Ended up emailing them at the end of February and basically got the same reply as you but they also told me I passed my video interview, however didnít receive an email to confirm I passed which is odd. Hopefully we all get a date for an assesment centre constantly checking emails every 2 mins lol
Standard User Macthewood
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 09:56:14
Print Post

[re: Happy121] [link to this post]

Hi Happy, took my AC in Sevenoaks on 21st Feb, told would hear result within a week, 2 weeks after and a phone all I got told I passed and would hear more soon. Called last week, no news, talio says "booked into assessment centre"! Called again yesterday for an update, she says, "I can see you passed, not sure why no news, I will nudge the area recruitment or something" a few hours later I get an email with a start date of 5 months away, August! I accepted the offer and asked about an earlier date and happy to change location, but that is the next date available at Yarnfield.
Call the recruitment number mate, good luck
Standard User Happy121
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 10:14:11
Print Post

[re: Macthewood] [link to this post]

Hi Macthewood. I heard from Openreach on Monday. Got a start date of the 12th August and my location. Accepted position. Now just a wait. They said I would get contract 6 weeks before start date and then training dates 1 to 2 weeks before start date. Congratulations to you. What area you in?
Standard User Jakebcfc
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 10:18:20
Print Post

Hi Macthewood, have you got the recruitment phone number please?
Standard User bikerider007
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 11:24:35
Print Post

I did the video questions/ interview end of january and not heard anything either... i have rung the Openreach Recruitment Team today....
[email protected]
0845 300 0799
....and got fobbed off with they waiting till there is a local center for interviews!!??
now i know the nearest is brentwood in essex
she didn't say whether i had passed the 3 question webcam thing or not so dont think they have viewed it yet...
Standard User chrmit
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 12:57:42
Print Post

[re: bikerider007] [link to this post]

Have you looked at your Taleo account? Does it have a 2nd application listed with 'Tier 2' against it? If you see that, click on 'Application Received' and you should see a message confirming that you have passed the video interview

Edited by chrmit (Wed 13-Mar-19 13:11:20)

Pages in this thread: << 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | [48] | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to