General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | [49] | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Purplerockchick
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 13:37:33
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

Hey Phil I have emailed them today so maybe worth a shot for anyone waiting email re video interview

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that there has been a technical issue regarding the video interview feedbacks but the team is working on it now so we would like to ask for your patience and understanding. However I can confirm that having checked the system you passed the initial screening stage and now you are considered for attending an assessment centre.

Please bear with us as we do have huge number of candidates on file and we cannot guarantee to call up everyone to Assessment Centre immediately - it does very much depend on where our new vacancies will be and which locations are Openreach priority to fill first.

Kind regards,

Openreach Recruitment team

So atleast i know for real passed, just more patience required, aaaaaah
Standard User Shona76
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 14:14:24
Print Post

[re: Purplerockchick] [link to this post]

Hi there, just wondering what area youíve applied for Iím in the East Yorkshire area and wondering if anyone knows if any areas are a priority or not. Iím patiently waiting checking my account constantly to see if thereís an update.
Regards Shona
Standard User Purplerockchick
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 14:18:03
Print Post

[re: Shona76] [link to this post]

Hey Shona I am up in West Lothian Scotland [email protected] is the email i sent to and they replied within the hour. Hope this helps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Shona76
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 15:07:51
Print Post

Hi there thank you Iíve emailed them.
Standard User Phil11
(learned) Wed 13-Mar-19 18:13:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by Purplerockchick:
Hey Phil I have emailed them today so maybe worth a shot for anyone waiting email re video interview

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that there has been a technical issue regarding the video interview feedbacks but the team is working on it now so we would like to ask for your patience and understanding. However I can confirm that having checked the system you passed the initial screening stage and now you are considered for attending an assessment centre.

Please bear with us as we do have huge number of candidates on file and we cannot guarantee to call up everyone to Assessment Centre immediately - it does very much depend on where our new vacancies will be and which locations are Openreach priority to fill first.

Kind regards,

Openreach Recruitment team

So atleast i know for real passed, just more patience required, aaaaaah

Ah that's good news then. At least they confirmed we will be attending an assessment centre as our taleo is on tier 2.

More patience for us smile
Standard User Phil11
(learned) Wed 13-Mar-19 18:16:20
Print Post

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TVvisionengineer:
I've seen the same email a few times but instead of mid-March I've seen next year, early January, February, end of the month, and March... It's a standard email that gets altered throughout the year.

Yeah I can imagine that. Needs of the business, if and when etc.
Standard User Fletch859
(newbie) Thu 14-Mar-19 07:23:08
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

Hi all! I applied for the trainee engineer role on Monday afternoon and within about two hours had received an email saying I had been invited for a video interview. I have held off from doing it as I do not interview well at all and have failed miserably in recent months to land jobs as I crumble under the pressure when I get a question that I do not see coming.

I really would like this job probably more so than any of the others I have applied for and I really donít want to balls it up. What sort of questions should I expect on the video interview, did you guys who passed it throw a shirt on or anything like that? Any help appreciated. Cheers

Edited by Fletch859 (Thu 14-Mar-19 07:25:10)

Standard User chrmit
(newbie) Thu 14-Mar-19 08:14:42
Print Post

[re: Fletch859] [link to this post]

Hi Fletch. Shirt and tie as an absolute minimum. Just treat it like you would any face to face interview. Don't rush into it. When you log into the Sonru app it doesn't just make you do the interview right away. There's a bit of info to read about BT and a couple of videos to watch too. Watch them as it will give you a good idea of what Openreach want to see in a candidate. There's also the option to do practice interviews to get used to talking to the camera. Do lots of these. I don't know about you but I felt really nervous and silly talking to the camera like that. Doing the practice interviews can really help overcome that. Keep in mind that they want to see the real you. So don't try to hide your personality from them.

One thing to keep in mind that might take off a little pressure is that even if you do fail it, it doesn't mean you'll never get the job. It just means a 6 month wait then try again. That's what happened to me. Messed it up in July last year, learned from my mistakes, reapplied this year and did a better job. Best of luck to you. Let us know how you get on.
Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Thu 14-Mar-19 08:46:12
Print Post

[re: chrmit] [link to this post]

Iím also on the tier 2 being considered for an assessment centre, my taleo was last updated on feb 25th. Anyone else in Lancashire applied on here and heard anything?

Also with start dates being given out for August now, does that suggest that if I get through it all start date would be after August?
Standard User Macthewood
(newbie) Thu 14-Mar-19 09:43:57
Print Post

[re: Happy121] [link to this post]

Congrats, now just waiting eh! I am in Kent, will be over Rochester way when I start.
I did ask for an earlier start date and luckily there was a drop out and now start 1st July, yeh.
Pages in this thread: << 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | [49] | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to