General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | [51] | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User crn
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-19 15:14:57
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

So, i've been lucky enough to be invited to an assessment centre (after 3 years of trying!). I Got tripped up at the video interview last year - found it weird, this time round I bought a more expensive webcam and tried to inject some of my personality which is difficult considering I find it easier to talk in person where you can gauge a person's reactions and bounce of them etc.

Anyway, my assessment centre is on 29th in Preston (I had to cancel my holiday to go to it!) and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what to wear? Email says "Smart casual" so I'n thinking shirt/trousers/dress shoes. Do you think a tie is necessary? My understanding is that adding a tie becomes too formal but maybe I'm wrong?

I know a suit would be overkill and perhaps even go against me on account of being unable to follow instructions
Standard User studlygf
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-19 17:16:14
Print Post

[re: crn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by crn:
So, i've been lucky enough to be invited to an assessment centre (after 3 years of trying!). I Got tripped up at the video interview last year - found it weird, this time round I bought a more expensive webcam and tried to inject some of my personality which is difficult considering I find it easier to talk in person where you can gauge a person's reactions and bounce of them etc.

Anyway, my assessment centre is on 29th in Preston (I had to cancel my holiday to go to it!) and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what to wear? Email says "Smart casual" so I'n thinking shirt/trousers/dress shoes. Do you think a tie is necessary? My understanding is that adding a tie becomes too formal but maybe I'm wrong?

I know a suit would be overkill and perhaps even go against me on account of being unable to follow instructions

Hi Mate im not as far as long as you with the proccess but have been following this thread for a while and theres def a post about the full assesment centre step by step some where ! hope this helps
Standard User PG1997
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-19 20:16:23
Print Post

[re: MMCMME] [link to this post]

The trains probably run on Sunday hours on that bank holiday Monday. but openreach will sort your tickets out to make sure you get there as easily as possible. I travel up this Sunday ready to start Monday &#128513;

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-19 22:01:49
Print Post

Where are you based with your assessment centre being in Preston?? When did you pass your video interview?
Standard User Woooody87
(newbie) Tue 19-Mar-19 08:12:40
Print Post

[re: Willirv] [link to this post]

Sorry to have quoted you in this post. Not sure how to just reply in the thread

Just want to ask is there anyone here that is applying from the forces.
Standard User Macthewood
(newbie) Tue 19-Mar-19 12:34:54
Print Post

When I went I wore smart trousers, smart shirt and shoes. A few others wore ties and 1 in a suit, they were defiantly in the minority. Go smart, no tie or suit needed. Be comfortable and don't worry, they put you at ease.
Good luck
Standard User crn
(newbie) Tue 19-Mar-19 12:41:31
Print Post

[re: Willirv] [link to this post]

I'm based in Cumbria, got an email to say I passed video interview on 11th March but waited about a month for it to come through...

@Macthewood Thanks for the advice, my initial instinct was to wear a smart shirt/trousers/shoes, I want to be comfortable otherwise I wont be able to concentrate. Did you end up getting the job or are you still waiting on hearing back?
Standard User Jimmy33
(newbie) Tue 19-Mar-19 14:07:39
Print Post

[re: Macthewood] [link to this post]

What interview questions were you asked if you don't mind me asking? Also did you have to wire a plug? Were there many girls there? I know they're looking at employing more girls than anything.

Edited by Jimmy33 (Tue 19-Mar-19 14:15:36)

Standard User Phil11
(learned) Tue 19-Mar-19 15:15:25
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

Just found out that a lad by ours had his email today for an assessment date. He done his video interview after me. Uh oh!

Merseyside.
Standard User Phil11
(regular) Tue 19-Mar-19 15:42:14
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

Just to mention that we both passed the video interview!
Pages in this thread: << 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | [51] | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to