General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | [67] | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User crn
(newbie) Mon 01-Apr-19 18:33:38
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: Leenicko] [link to this post]

Preston for me also but from Cumbria - it's possible I'll get a followup email saying something similar to yours but at the moment I'm holding out hope that I'll get a start date soon

How about you Leenicko, where are you based?
Standard User Leenicko
(newbie) Mon 01-Apr-19 18:44:32
Print Post

[re: crn] [link to this post]

Boston Lincolnshire, but Peterborough is just about 45 away.
I did mine in Bedford last Thursday. Got an email Friday. Iím a little disappointed that after all the work I went through there was no job at the end of it, not to say there wonít be one eventually. Luckily I have a job I can carry on with but had just got my hopes up thatís all
Standard User Denzel01
(newbie) Mon 01-Apr-19 18:53:25
Print Post

Has anyone in Scotland received word yet of assessment centres?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User crn
(newbie) Mon 01-Apr-19 19:37:53
Print Post

I think the main thing to take from it is that you're on a waiting list and you're guaranteed a job with Openreach eventually

I bet it's a real pain in the backside though after all the stress and steps. It's a bit frustrating that Openreach do it this way but I guess they don't want to lose out on good talent when future jobs come up?
Standard User Leenicko
(newbie) Mon 01-Apr-19 19:46:44
Print Post

[re: crn] [link to this post]

I have spoken to somebody and they did say, donít lose hope you wonít be forgotten and there will be a job!.
So I suppose it will all be worth it in the end
Standard User hazzatori
(learned) Tue 02-Apr-19 00:41:48
Print Post

Does Openreach have a high turnover of staff?

Cursed With Exchange Only!
Standard User NyorksJ
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-19 07:22:20
Print Post

[re: SFast] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SFast:
My advice for anyone attending future assessment....

If you are nervous when you arrive, you wont be after 5 minutes. The assessors where excellent and made you feel comfortable from the start.

Dont wear a suit, they will ask you to remove ties at the begining. Just wear smart casual as recommended on invite. Smart trousers, smart shirts and shoes is a good combi.

Just relax and be yourself, thats what they want to see.

Make a note of the dates you have any holidays booked as they will ask.

If they ask what your doing this weekend, good answers dont include "drinking" lol.

Im attending Leeds on Thursday, what sort of questions did they ask in the interview? And are you allowed to have any notes you have made on you?

Cheers
Standard User PABS80
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-19 07:33:15
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Phil11:
Just found out that a lad by ours had his email today for an assessment date. He done his video interview after me. Uh oh!

Merseyside.

Sorry to quote you mate donít know how to start one of these,

Iíve got my assessment today in Liverpool, old hall street at 12pm

I done my video interview on 15th Feb, then never heard anything at all till 21st March saying they are really looking forward to meeting me on my assessment day on 2nd April, Iím going for the civils gang member role, looks like most of this thread is about the engineer role
Standard User toffygirl
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-19 07:42:46
Print Post

[re: PABS80] [link to this post]

Hi, I am there this morning in Liverpool for Civils. Think they must need them more up here as the Fibre First map shows loads of work going on around the outskirts of Merseyside. Good luck!
Standard User PABS80
(newbie) Tue 02-Apr-19 07:58:02
Print Post

[re: toffygirl] [link to this post]

HI Toffygirl, yeah good luck to you too smile

What times your assessment start?
Pages in this thread: << 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | [67] | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to