General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | [87] | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User anders83
(newbie) Fri 10-May-19 16:22:29
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: TVvisionengineer] [link to this post]

Iíve heard of people waiting longer but correspondence would be nice
Standard User anders83
(newbie) Fri 10-May-19 16:23:53
Print Post

[re: dennij] [link to this post]

The waiting game is the worst part of it
Standard User Badassker
(newbie) Wed 15-May-19 17:26:18
Print Post

[re: Calummc123] [link to this post]

Thanks this is good advice.

I had missed my call from Hungary and this email was the best way to be in touch.

However, I was told I am likely to wait until September for a start date and that they are waiting for it to be confirmed by the business.

Not the news I wanted but better than simply waiting with no timescale. I want to have faith that there is definitely a job waiting but there seems to be an element of doubt? Can I be 100% sure?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User choppersrock
(regular) Wed 15-May-19 21:05:25
Print Post

[re: Badassker] [link to this post]

I am waiting through my 6 month wait to start which is currently set at October. Still no gurantees till I get my contract which I was told will be sent 6 weeks prior so not concrete till then. Been a long wait since March...frown so hope it's worth the wait...

Sky Fibre Pro - Billion 880nl V1 (bridge mode) + Opnsense with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled April 2016
Standard User chloefaz
(newbie) Fri 17-May-19 18:41:41
Print Post

[re: anders83] [link to this post]

I had my email saying Iíd passed initial screening and the video test and that now I have to wait to be compared against other people. This email was ten days ago. Iím hoping they email back soon, the wait is killing me! Iím based in Blackpool.

Edited by chloefaz (Fri 17-May-19 18:42:16)

Standard User JBird991
(newbie) Tue 21-May-19 10:31:47
Print Post

[re: chloefaz] [link to this post]

Yeah I got an email within hours of my Video Interview saying I was being compared against others. Checked the Taleo website and its not been updated since April 30th.

Waiting game is insane. Feel like im constantly refreshing emails haha.
Standard User Denzel01
(newbie) Tue 21-May-19 12:53:06
Print Post

[re: JBird991] [link to this post]

Where about are you based mate?

I know how you feel regarding the waiting, my account hasnít been updated since March 1st and had no correspondence since.

I believe a lot of people have waited around a year before they have been contacted for an assessment centre. Thing I find strange is that they have had around 90,000 applications but still have the roles open and are encouraging for people to apply and that is not included the applicant from last years recruit drive that have been promised they will be priority for this one.

In reply to a post by JBird991:
Yeah I got an email within hours of my Video Interview saying I was being compared against others. Checked the Taleo website and its not been updated since April 30th.

Waiting game is insane. Feel like im constantly refreshing emails haha.
Standard User JBird991
(newbie) Tue 21-May-19 13:30:40
Print Post

[re: Denzel01] [link to this post]

Im up on the Scottish border. North Northumberland. I wouldn't mind but I emailed them last week and said they were hiring 3000 trainees this year, Lad up the road from me started his training this week. Id just love some sort of communication
Standard User Denzel01
(newbie) Tue 21-May-19 13:46:21
Print Post

[re: JBird991] [link to this post]

Yeah I totally agree with you, would be nice to hear something now and then. I emailed about a month ago and they took a number of weeks to reply with a standardised reply. I feel the process is so quick at the beginning and then just grinds to a halt. Fingers crossed we hear soon
Standard User coxdfox
(newbie) Thu 23-May-19 20:18:44
Print Post

[re: Denzel01] [link to this post]

Hi all,
new here, I passed my assessment centre in Bristol on 8th May and was told last week there was no vacancy for my address. Cunningly I am moving so emailed straight away and told them. I heard nothing so I emailled three different email accounts I'd had correspondence from and got this today:

"Please note that we do have a role matched to you indeed, however the start dates are not confirmed yet by the Business.

We will contact you as soon as all dates are confirmed.

Unfortunately, we cannot be specific with a timescale.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding."

To say I am relieved is an understatement, so I figure I am just waiting for a start date now, however long that could be. At least I 'have the job' so to speak!
Pages in this thread: << 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | [87] | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to