General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | [89] | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sjohnson93
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 14:24:04
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: croe94] [link to this post]

Just had the same email on Friday!
Iím absolutely over the moon, just waiting for the phonecall with my start date!
Hopefully wonít be too long a stretch - canít wait to get away from my current job!

Anyone else on here from Yorkshire?
Standard User Blueskimus
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 14:38:00
Print Post

[re: anders83] [link to this post]

Hi , I got the same email, but still haven't had a phone call or another email telling me when I start ? Have you had the phone call asking if you were interested in working nights ? It's been over a month since I heard I'd passed the assessment center , but still waiting !!
Standard User Ed1234
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 16:22:45
Print Post

[re: Blueskimus] [link to this post]

Hello.
I applied at the beginning of March and passed the assessment centre mid May.
I am still waiting for a start date but haven't had an indication of when this might be.
I am aching to start.
I am in the East of England. I would think there would be quite a need for trainees in my area due to all the residential building going on.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jason321
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 16:41:30
Print Post

[re: Ed1234] [link to this post]

Where in the East are you? Iím Cambridgeshire/Suffolk border, video interviewed early February and still waiting to hear if Iím invited to assessment. I spoke to them a couple of weeks back and itís still in a queue to be marked apparently....
Standard User Ed1234
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 16:45:45
Print Post

[re: Jason321] [link to this post]

Hiya.
Thanks for the reply.
I am from Colchester. Attended the assessment in Bedford.
Took several weeks between doing the online video interview and getting invited to the assessment.
I have been told I have passed the assessment but a bit disheartening not to have more information or timescale.
Standard User Blueskimus
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 17:48:36
Print Post

Thanks for the reply , I've been waiting since the end of April so a month now and no more contact to say when I start !! Just hope I've got a job at the end of it , as like you , I'm Keen to get going .
Standard User Ed1234
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 18:07:13
Print Post

[re: Blueskimus] [link to this post]

Feels like torture.
Would be nice to have some timescale so I can plan around it.
For example, I haven't had a family holiday this year yet and can't take any time off in the first 12 weeks of Openreach training. Not having a start date means I am a bit in a limbo, as I don't want to miss a start date when eventually offered.
Would be helpful for a lot of people here to know how long people have had to wait for a start date to get an idea as well as which area they are in as it seems to vary.
Standard User choppersrock
(regular) Wed 29-May-19 20:08:22
Print Post

Applied back end of 2018
Assessment 20th March 2019
Email confirming pass on 22nd March
Provisional offer email 26th March & advising start date of October 14th...
Contract to be sent out 6 weeks prior to start date.

Also follow up email mid may to confirm provisional offer still valid subject to contract etc...

Sky Fibre Pro - Billion 880nl V1 (bridge mode) + Opnsense with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled April 2016

Edited by choppersrock (Wed 29-May-19 20:12:03)

Standard User Ed1234
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 20:20:00
Print Post

[re: choppersrock] [link to this post]

Wow Choppersrock. Offer in March for October start?
Really hope I can start sooner.
Which area are you from?
Standard User choppersrock
(regular) Wed 29-May-19 20:24:13
Print Post

Yeap a long wait... I was told the first available training course was October yet I see others with early start dates after recent assessment passes etc. I did ask about that but was advised this was not able to be changed etc due to business requirements blah blah lol..

I am southwest, Somerset area..

Sky Fibre Pro - Billion 880nl V1 (bridge mode) + Opnsense with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled April 2016
Pages in this thread: << 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | [89] | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to