General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | [90] | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ed1234
(newbie) Wed 29-May-19 20:37:26
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: choppersrock] [link to this post]

Good thing is that you have a definite start date.
I have done a lot of research about the role and it seems to be an interesting and enjoyable job that pays well, especially with overtime. Also BT seems to have a very good work culture which is refreshing as I am tired of toxic work environments and employers that just don't care about their staff.
Standard User choppersrock
(regular) Wed 29-May-19 20:43:05
Print Post

[re: Ed1234] [link to this post]

Hope so. I would leave my current job now which I would if it was a case of the contract being in my hand etc.. it's a huge distraction constantly seeing openreach van's everday lol in the area I work presently..

Sky Fibre Pro - Billion 880nl V1 (bridge mode) + Opnsense with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled April 2016

Edited by choppersrock (Thu 30-May-19 03:18:01)

Standard User Besh1234
(newbie) Thu 30-May-19 13:21:38
Print Post

[re: choppersrock] [link to this post]

Hi, my Taleo account states Tier 2, and the whole congratulations thing, says it was updated 21st May but did not receive confirmation email. Emailed the email address posted on here to ask if they had any idea when I would be invited to assessment centre on Monday but still not received a reply. How long did it take other people to get a response from the email?
Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ed1234
(newbie) Thu 30-May-19 17:24:57
Print Post

Kelly Communications

Has anyone got experience of Kelly Communications? Apparently, there is a lot of work in my area being outsourced to Kelly because Openreach can't meet the demand. Yet, I don't have a start date?!?
My current employment is due to end in July. If I still don't have a start date with Openreach, I might start work with Kelly. It would be a pain to then have to go through similar training with Openreach but I guess at least I would have got going and doing something very relevant than starting a job elsewhere I might not have any interest in.
Would welcome your thoughts.
Standard User NyorksJ
(newbie) Thu 30-May-19 21:41:11
Print Post

[re: sjohnson93] [link to this post]

I'm Yorkshire, near Skipton, passed assessment centre early April, job offer for 19th August start the end of April, waiting for crb/reference emails now.
Standard User Daniel2201
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-19 17:29:22
Print Post

[re: AndyK7] [link to this post]

Hello mate, I'm still waiting for hear about an assessment day are you still in the same boat or have you moved forward? Been waiting since January now
Standard User Tommoswin
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-19 19:27:56
Print Post

Re: Kelly Communications

Chap in my training group has come from Kellys, doesn’t rate it at all. Mentioned that he had next to no training and was just thrown onto the road. Also paid per job so sometimes out on the job very late just to make a few quid extra. From what he’s said you might be better off sticking it out for an Openreach start date!
Standard User Ed1234
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-19 20:53:49
Print Post

Re: Kelly Communications

[re: Tommoswin] [link to this post]

Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
Thanks for the input.
I have had a look online at reviews about Kelly Communications, since my earlier post, and it seems dreadful.
Zero sick or holiday leave.
Poor training, no practical experience, just sitting in class.
Wages often calculated wrong.
£60 per day for first 4 weeks whilst training, that's before tax.
Also they use an umbrella company for the payroll and that takes off more money (as they deduct their fee from your wage, something like £30 every two weeks).
Many people saying they found difficult to earn a reasonable living due to being paid per job, regardless of the difficulty of each job or distance travelled. Some people claiming to have done 10-12 hrs days, six days in a row. Lots of traveling too, which you are not paid for.
Some days, there is no work.
Poor management.
If you refuse to work away from home, you are sacked immediately.
If you leave within the first six months, you have to pay £500 for the 'training' you have received. Also you need to pay for your PPE.
Tools provided are poor quality apparently. Anything that gets damaged or goes missing, you are charged extortionate amounts for...
Any damage or scratch to the van you have to pay for.
Someone saying they had their kelly van stolen and were made to pay the £2.5k excess...
I am a reasonable and hard working person. I haven't had a day off sick in the last five years. I look after my equipment. Whether it belongs to me or my employer.
However, at the end of the day, I want a job to earn a living and have some work life balance. Not to be stressed nor exploited.
Also if the training with Kelly is that bad, I am better off waiting to be taught properly once I can start with Openreach. No point having to then unlearn bad habits.
Thanks. I think I dodged a bullet and hope this discussion helps others.
Standard User TrophyMax
(newbie) Sat 01-Jun-19 21:06:16
Print Post

[re: NyorksJ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NyorksJ:
I'm Yorkshire, near Skipton, passed assessment centre early April, job offer for 19th August start the end of April, waiting for crb/reference emails now.

I'm outside Skipton in Crosshills. Start the training on 5th August in Bradford. Looking forward to it.
Standard User ShalomJackie
(newbie) Mon 03-Jun-19 01:56:00
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9 *DELETED*

[re: anita_onyx] [link to this post]

Post deleted by ShalomJackie
Pages in this thread: << 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | [90] | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to