General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User EuanMacDonald
(newbie) Mon 25-Mar-19 15:24:02
Print Post

Openreach Engineer- haven't heard anything back

[link to this post]

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I thought I'd give it a go. I've applied as a Openreach Engineer, and it has been more than two weeks since completing my video interview and haven't anything back from BT. The only email I have received was from Sonru saying I had completed the interview and it was ready for BT to review.

I've emailed the Openreach Recruitment email expressing my concerns and I haven't had anything back from them either. It does say on my video interview page that the closing date is 29/03/19 so perhaps I'll hear then, but another email said that they would be sending updates regarding my application. I've checked all my mailboxes and there's nothing.

Has anyone had an experience similar to mine? How long did it take you to hear back? I've read somewhere on here that they had a reply within 5 working days.

Any answers folks could give would be great!

Thanks,

Euan.
Standard User Shona76
(newbie) Mon 25-Mar-19 16:59:03
Print Post

Re: Openreach Engineer- haven't heard anything back

[re: EuanMacDonald] [link to this post]

Hi there, I did my video interview on the 4/3 and I’m still waiting to hear about the assessment centre, I emailed the team and they said mid March and we are nearing the end so hopefully we will all hear something positive soon, good luck.
Standard User Drennan
(newbie) Mon 25-Mar-19 17:00:32
Print Post

I applied a week ago now.
Had a video interview last Tuesday.
Didn't hear anything till just now, saying I had passed the video screening and have to wait to see if I get chosen for assessment tests etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User crn
(newbie) Mon 25-Mar-19 17:05:25
Print Post

It took almost a month before I heard anything back, I have an assessment centre on 29th March! No news is better than bad news
Standard User EuanMacDonald
(newbie) Mon 25-Mar-19 17:17:50
Print Post

Hey guys! Bit of an update, I spoke to the Openreach complaints department (not the right place I know, but it managed to get me in with a live chat with a real person) and they said basically that their systems haven't been working properly and that's the reason why we haven't heard anything. He then said that we will for sure get an answer eventually, it is coming!

Hopefully that brought you all some relief. Very best of luck!
Standard User Drennan
(newbie) Mon 25-Mar-19 17:28:02
Print Post

I think they have had a high number of applications plus some of it is geographically based as well, which areas have more vacancies at present plus it takes time to plan and fill assessment days.
Standard User simonslater
(newbie) Wed 24-Apr-19 08:58:04
Print Post

Hi, has anyone heard anything yet? It’s been ages! I did my video interview in the first week of March and had an email to say they’d be in touch, but nothing...... Surely they still tell you if they’re not progressing your application?

Simon
Standard User S400surface2air
(newbie) Wed 15-May-19 07:37:01
Print Post

Hey,

I did my interview on the 5th of May 2019.

Just want to know, how long did it take them to e-mail you to let you know whether or not you've been successful at this stage ?

Please do let me know.

Thank you

Kind regards,
S400
  Print Thread

Jump to