General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 00ants00
(newbie) Wed 06-May-20 08:44:59
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: rogersc1] [link to this post]

Hi guys, I can appreciate that Openreach are not currently hiring. But, Do you have any idea as to when they may be back onto hiring new trainee staff? Considering with all that is going on, Id imagine no one knows, but keen to find out.

I am interested in the Civil Engineering positions they offer and keen to get my CV over, what is the best way of engaging Openreach, is it just a case of waiting until advertised on their site or is there anywhere I can send my CV over to before they open up any active vacancies.

Also with the position of Civil Engineering, anyone here currently working for them? What are the opportunities for career progression and do they give you any formal qualifications after training which could be used in other areas of civil engineering in the years to come. (Not looking at moving on fast, but good to know future career options.

Thanks guys and stay safe.
Standard User Phil11
(regular) Tue 12-May-20 01:09:00
Print Post

[re: 00ants00] [link to this post]

Wow I forgot about this thread. They made me laugh Openreach.

Firstly I wish you all the best of luck and hope you have more success than I did.

Secondly, I applied in February 2019. Out of 3.5k jobs they created, I never ever did get an assessment. Despite already having maths/english and a load of previous experience within the networking industry.

I ended up with a far better job anyway on almost double the salary.

Just goes to show they pick who they want.

Once again, goodluck to you all..
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-May-20 07:08:48
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

Which is what the recruitment/interview process is all about ??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Phil11
(regular) Wed 13-May-20 00:01:47
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:

Which is what the recruitment/interview process is all about ??

Quite right,

What didn't make sense to me was significant experience and qualifications didn't seem to matter in my case.

That being said, up in the North West, half of the Openreach work is contracted out anyway to Kelly's communications. Maybe there wasn't a lot of openings.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-May-20 16:26:34
Print Post

[re: Phil11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Phil11:
goodluck to you all
Good luck to you too Phil, seems you have landed yourself a better paid job which is an important part of going to work.

I would encourage everyone looking for a job at Openreach not give up hope, sometimes you get a knock back the first time and on a second attempt get through.
Standard User MHalliday94
(newbie) Thu 14-May-20 16:47:37
Print Post

[re: 00ants00] [link to this post]

I applied for the role trainee engineer around 3 weeks ago, within a few hours of applying I received an email saying I had progressed through to the video interview stage. I completed that and 2 days after submitting my video interview I received an email my video interview was successful in progressing to the next stage and was to await further updates on potentially getting an interview/ assessment centre invite. I haven't heard anything in 2 weeks but I didn't expect to with everything going on right now. I'm still very hopeful to hear back and hopefully be successful and get stuck right in ASAP. Does anybody have any information up to date on what happens at the assessment day? Any information is extremely appreciated and I'm very grateful.

Hope everyone is doing well and thanks in advance for taking time to read this and even replying if you do.

From central East Scotland.
Standard User MindFlex
(newbie) Thu 21-May-20 11:31:40
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9 *DELETED*

[re: rogersc1] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MindFlex
Standard User jay459
(newbie) Thu 04-Jun-20 19:06:12
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9 *DELETED*

[re: MindFlex] [link to this post]

Anyone here from northern ireland. What police check is done. I have an 8 year old conviction, its spent but will it show up
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to