General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 11-Oct-19 13:38:06
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 10

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I developed a rotten cold yesterday. Not good today!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User dect
(committed) Fri 11-Oct-19 14:37:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
you kinda need the engine running if you want any heat from your van
I think a heater must have been an optional extra in one of my earlier vans as in the winter I often had to keep stopping and scrapping the ice off the windscreen with a credit card smile
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 11-Oct-19 15:06:55
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Wow, you could afford a credit card ?

The wages must have been much better back in the day grin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 11-Oct-19 15:08:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Lemsip and daytime TV it is then Bob.

Standard User dect
(committed) Fri 11-Oct-19 16:06:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
The wages must have been much better back in the day grin
In the end I had to leave and get a proper job to pay it off laugh
Standard User partial
(experienced) Fri 11-Oct-19 16:49:36
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Long nosed Bedford didn't have a heater back in the day. They were originally destined for Rhodesia so one wasn't fitted.

Standard User Bitofbanter
(learned) Sun 13-Oct-19 09:57:36
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Anybody heard anything regarding going to assessment centre? Looks like they have finished this years recruitment.
Standard User waiting4ever
(newbie) Sun 13-Oct-19 16:10:04
Print Post

[re: Bitofbanter] [link to this post]

I had an email on Wed, 2 Oct, telling me I have passed but have to wait for an invite date for the assessment center.
Standard User cymromon
(newbie) Mon 14-Oct-19 15:42:00
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: rogersc1] [link to this post]

Hi rogersc1 congratulations on getting the engineer post, i hope you are enjoying it? what were the maths and english tests like? were you allowed to use a calculator?

i have been invited to do the online interview, do you remember the questions, and can you give me any advice please?

thank you.
Standard User Denzel01
(newbie) Tue 15-Oct-19 16:30:19
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 9

[re: cymromon] [link to this post]

Hi guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same situation as me. I applied for the trainee engineer roles in Feb this year and passed the video interview also in Feb. I am now in the situation where I am waiting to hopefully be invited to an assessment centre.

I received an email in June telling me that they had filled all the roles in my area but they will keep my details on file and contact me in the future to see if I am still interested when new roles appear. Recently I went on the openreach website and checked the job roles available on the map and there are two trainee roles available within a 40 minute drive from my home postcode. I emailed openreach and got the same generic reply I have always received when I have emailed them, which is extremely frustrating as they do not appear to tailor their reply to anything that you may ask them.

Also I have noticed a lot of people on here saying they receive emails from openreach saying they haven't forgotten about them, I haven't received anything like this, am I reading to much into this?

I would love to have the opportunity to work for openreach but the recruitment process and lack of any valuable information you receive for them is seriously frustrating.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to