General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Baileyboy83
(newbie) Mon 28-Oct-19 19:38:10
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 10

[re: Carl1234] [link to this post]

From what Iíve heard/read, itís wiring a plug or telephone socket. You get shown what to do then are assessed when you do it yourself.

When did you pass your video interview? I ask as Iím waiting for an assessment centre date in Leeds too.
Standard User Carl1234
(newbie) Mon 28-Oct-19 19:57:04
Print Post

[re: Baileyboy83] [link to this post]

About 3/4 weeks ago mate, only heard end of last week that I had the assessment centre
Standard User Baileyboy83
(newbie) Mon 28-Oct-19 20:26:24
Print Post

Similar to me then- I did my video interview on the 4th of October and got an email saying Iíd passed on the 7th, but that I had to wait to get a date for the assessment centre. Doubt Iíll be on the one on the 6th given itís next week but you never know.

Cheers mate and good luck.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Phil11
(regular) Tue 29-Oct-19 22:29:20
Print Post

[re: Baileyboy83] [link to this post]

I passed my video interview on Feb 18th 2019.

Still waiting for an assessment centre !
Standard User rogersc1
(newbie) Wed 30-Oct-19 07:43:04
Print Post

Mine was wiring a phone socket from start to the customers house on a mock up board. Wires are thin but its doable. Leave yourself plenty of length on the wire and you will be fine.

Standard User Phcb92
(newbie) Wed 30-Oct-19 11:04:01
Print Post

[re: rogersc1] [link to this post]

Anybody in Scotland had an update (or is in the know) on assessment centre dates yet?

Been told by an Openreach employee that in the south, where I am, they are quiet so wonít be recruiting until next year now.

Iím at the stage where Iíve been told I will be invited to the assessment centre but no idea on a timeframe... (as per the norm)
Standard User Denzel01
(newbie) Wed 30-Oct-19 20:36:23
Print Post

[re: Phcb92] [link to this post]

Hi mate,

I have been waiting for an invite since February and I am in the central belt. I wouldnít imagine this will stop them having an assessment centre as they seem to have them and then keep people in the pipeline for when roles become available. Have you been told you will defo receive an invite? Anytime I have emailed them they have stated they cannot guarantee everyone will get one as they compare each candidate and then send invites so unfortunately some people will be left disappointed.

In reply to a post by Phcb92:
Anybody in Scotland had an update (or is in the know) on assessment centre dates yet?

Been told by an Openreach employee that in the south, where I am, they are quiet so wonít be recruiting until next year now.

Iím at the stage where Iíve been told I will be invited to the assessment centre but no idea on a timeframe... (as per the norm)
Standard User Phcb92
(newbie) Wed 30-Oct-19 20:45:32
Print Post

[re: Denzel01] [link to this post]

Feb is a fair old wait frown hopefully they donít keep you any longer! I applied in April, had my video interview in May and got an email that I shall copy onto this post in August. What position have you applied for?

ďHi,

Thanks for your email. Great news you have been successful at Video Interview, and have reached assessment centre stage. Please bear with us as we do have huge number of candidates at this stage and we cannot guarantee to invite everyone to Assessment Centre immediately. It does very much depend on what vacancies are available and whether any are in your area. One of the team will keep you posted.

Kind regards,
Openreach recruitment teamĒ
Standard User Denzel01
(newbie) Wed 30-Oct-19 20:52:10
Print Post

[re: Phcb92] [link to this post]

I applied for the trainee engineer role, I know of someone who was in this years intake and they had been waiting two years.

I also received that email but the only time I ever get any communication from them is when I have emailed them which seems to be a standard response and that even though I have reached this stage they cannot guarantee I will get an invite which would be incredibly frustrating after waiting as long as I have. Some people in previous posts have said they get the occasional update email from openreach so not sure what to make of that.

In reply to a post by Phcb92:
Feb is a fair old wait frown hopefully they donít keep you any longer! I applied in April, had my video interview in May and got an email that I shall copy onto this post in August. What position have you applied for?

ďHi,

Thanks for your email. Great news you have been successful at Video Interview, and have reached assessment centre stage. Please bear with us as we do have huge number of candidates at this stage and we cannot guarantee to invite everyone to Assessment Centre immediately. It does very much depend on what vacancies are available and whether any are in your area. One of the team will keep you posted.

Kind regards,
Openreach recruitment teamĒ
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Sat 02-Nov-19 23:07:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by Carl1234:
Whatís the practical test? Does anyone know what it involves? Iíve got my assessment centre on the 6th of November in leeds.
The maths and English should be fine. Just curious on the practical test

Hello mate, Iíve got an assessment day in Leeds on the 13th Nov, I read your post about yours on the 6th.

It would be great if you could send me a message saying how it goes, what it all involved etc.

Or if anyone on here has had one recently? Could you give us details on the whole day please.

Hope it all goes well for you mate, good luck.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to