General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User a987654
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-19 10:45:25
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 10

[re: Carl1234] [link to this post]

Hi,

I was looking to see if anybody can help me or point me in the right direction.

I completed my video interview yesterday for the civils engineer team position but there was no indication as to when I would receive a response - does anybody know how long this normally takes?

Or on the basis that I am successful, does anybody know what the next part of the process looks like?

Any help would be appreciated.
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-19 13:21:16
Print Post

[re: a987654] [link to this post]

Hello mate,

Best advice is probably not to hold your breath, you may hear in two weeks, it may take 6 months, many have waited that long for the next stage which is an assessment centre. If youíre in need of work apply elsewhere while youíre waiting because none of the process is quick in anyway.

In civil engineering jobs it just involves a very simple colour blind test, they basically ask you the colour of two wires and thatís it.
You then have 2 interviews and a test.
The test is basically about 6 pictures where you have to write down the risks or hazards you see.
1 interview is a customer service / team work one and the other interview is about your current/previous jobs and itís health and safety focused.

They are very short interviews, they are not there to catch you out, just looking for answers that apply to the job youíre applying for.

Hope this helps as I was looking all over for information when I was invited for an assessment centre.
Standard User a987654
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-19 13:59:41
Print Post

[re: Micky37] [link to this post]

Hi Micky,

Thanks for the reply - it's greatly appreciated.

I will keep all of the above in mind and hopefully hear from them sooner rather than later. Luckily, I am in full-time employment at the moment so don't need to worry about that aspect of things.

Out of curiosity, where are the assessment centres based? I live in Central Scotland.

Thanks again

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-19 14:09:22
Print Post

[re: a987654] [link to this post]

Iím not sure where yours will be, mine was in Leeds.
I know they have one further south, so Iím assuming theyíll have one up and Scotland too.
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-19 14:12:13
Print Post

[re: Carl1234] [link to this post]

Hello Carl,

Iíve got a start date on the 3rd February too, my assessment was the week after yours, I havenít received anything further though, apart from the call with the job offer.

Have you got anymore info on what to expect?
Standard User samc1994
(newbie) Thu 21-Nov-19 10:38:21
Print Post

[re: Micky37] [link to this post]

Gents,

Well done on getting your start dates for 3rd Feb.

I attended the Assessment Day in Leeds on the 13th Nov also. Though I was successful and got a well done - I had an email saying unfortunately there is no vacancies in my area for the moment. I am keeping everything crossed that something comes up and hopefully I am near the top of a large waiting list of a few more of us who have been told 'well done on passing the assessment' but we don't need you yet.

Feels gutting but I suppose I've got to be patient and hope something comes along soon in my area and I will be contacted!
Standard User samc1994
(newbie) Thu 21-Nov-19 13:50:22
Print Post

[re: samc1994] [link to this post]

I have just passed the video interview for the role of Trainee Engineer also. I have had the email saying I will receive an invitation to the assessment day in due course.

I have already passed the Assessment day for a Civil Engineer - I am just on the list for when a vacancy arrives. Now, in the meantime I am going to purse the avenue of Trainee Engineer as both are taking on in my area.

Wish me luck!
Standard User Dustymi11er
(newbie) Wed 18-Dec-19 16:50:39
Print Post

[re: samc1994] [link to this post]

Hi all. Due to start mid February I was wondering if anyone could post a link to the discord group thanks
Standard User ashfield56
(newbie) Wed 18-Dec-19 19:34:50
Print Post

[re: Henderson61] [link to this post]

Hi,
I have just completed the onboarding process for a start date of 24/02 at Northwich TE.

I got an email response a couple of days after my assessment day back in Sept which said I would be on FND/Cabler - do you know why my first day would be at the Exchange and not Yarnfield?
(I have heard that fibre splicers do not get a van - does the same apply to cablers as It would be a deal breaker for me if that were the case?)
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Wed 18-Dec-19 19:58:04
Print Post

[re: ashfield56] [link to this post]

It will be at yarnfield mate, theyíll ring you a week or two before explaining your travel arrangements etc, I got the same email stating where Iíll be working with no mention of yarnfield.

I donít think itís right about not getting a van, just doesnít make sense.
But I did read somewhere on here that splicers donít get a normal van when most engineers do on the first Friday, because they get a bigger van which is t ready in the first week of training.

Iíd advise you to email recruitment though, they are helpful in responding to any of your questions.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to