General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Murchmeister
(newbie) Wed 18-Dec-19 20:48:33
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 10

[re: Micky37] [link to this post]

Anyone got a discord link, applied today after not making it last year just want to find out a bit more

Thanks
Standard User ashfield56
(newbie) Thu 19-Dec-19 13:53:10
Print Post

[re: Henderson61] [link to this post]

Hi, I have an FND cabler position starting Feb2020 - I know they work in teams but will I get my own van?
Standard User Dragon83
(newbie) Sat 21-Dec-19 16:54:54
Print Post

[re: ashfield56] [link to this post]

Hi everyone, been a while since I came on here, I originally applied around 12-18 months ago for trainee engineer, did the video interview around a week later and was told I was successful in that, then nothing until mid November when I was invited to assessment in Preston on the 18/12. The day consisted of 2 x interviews, 2x tests Maths/English and a newly introduced practical assessment (wiring of a fibre phone socket) the Maths and English tests are brand new apparently (the Maths was very advanced at the last 5 questions including Pythagoras and ratios sums). They were very friendly and organised and made everyone feel very comfortable, don't bother wearing a tie as they will tell you to remove it anyway, it's as if they don't want it coming across as formal, research the openreach blueprint pdf document prior to the day and mention as much health and safety experience as you can. It will all bode well in the interviews. So now my wait is to see if I have passed, I will let you all know in due course. I am a bit concerned about the Maths test as it was quite hard. Did anyone else on here attend Preston? I am from Wrexham North Wales btw. Thanks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Wed 01-Jan-20 20:35:05
Print Post

[re: Dragon83] [link to this post]

Hi, Can someone reply with a discord link please?

Thank you.
Standard User Mike_5000
(newbie) Thu 02-Jan-20 18:28:01
Print Post

Id also be interested to get onto discord to find anything else out.

My assessment is on January 8th in Leeds, anyone else got this date?
Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Mon 06-Jan-20 22:53:30
Print Post

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone in the north west (specifically Lancashire) has had a call up to an assessment centre recently? I passed my video interview last February so its coming up to 12 months now since I last heard. Emails to recruitment draw the same generic responses back but I still send one monthly just incase!
Standard User samc1994
(newbie) Wed 08-Jan-20 09:16:06
Print Post

[re: Dragon83] [link to this post]

Gents,

I have just been invited to attend an assessment day in Leeds, Tuesday 14th Jan. Is anyone else going there?

This is for a Trainee Engineer role.

I attended one in November for a Civils Engineering role but I am just waiting for a vacancy.

Has anyone been to an assessment day for a Trainee role? What are the intervieq questions like if you can remember. Also, if you have functional skills certificates for English and Maths, does this class as a free ticket to not have to do the tests?

All types of info and help is much appreciated in advance,

Sam

Edited by samc1994 (Wed 08-Jan-20 09:16:54)

Standard User Willirv
(newbie) Wed 08-Jan-20 18:28:31
Print Post

[re: samc1994] [link to this post]

Hi,

What area are you from?

I've just had an email stating that the new recruitment drive has opened, if I currently have an open application do I have to reapply or do they automatically keep things going through? If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Will
Standard User samc1994
(newbie) Thu 09-Jan-20 08:59:31
Print Post

[re: Willirv] [link to this post]

Hi mate,

Grimsby is where I am wanting to work. Leeds is the area my assessment is.

I'm really not sure, my advice is just to be patient and apply for everything you can engineer wise on the openreach website.

Regards,

Sam
Standard User new_guy
(newbie) Fri 10-Jan-20 18:58:39
Print Post

[re: samc1994] [link to this post]

Hi all,

Feel free to join my Facebook group for Openreach Trainee Engineer's and Applicants. We have over 200 members who regularly contribute giving great advice on the whole recruitment process from the video interview to training at Yarnfield and beyond.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/396262417943838/

Edited by new_guy (Fri 10-Jan-20 19:00:06)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to