General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Wed 18-Dec-19 18:35:04
Print Post

Re: Some advice for working as a Civil Engineer with Openrea

[re: Ady70] [link to this post]

I didnít do one mate, but I know Itís not video interview with a person, from what I remember reading on here, itís basically you recording your answer, I think you read the question and then press a button to record your answer.

I remember reading itís just important to act natural, theyíre arenít bothered if you fumble your answer and the questions arenít too hard, just examples of customer service / health and safety experience.

Sorry I couldnít help more. Maybe someone else in here thatís had one could advise.
Standard User Ady70
(newbie) Wed 18-Dec-19 18:45:37
Print Post

[re: Micky37] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying mate,ive had my own small building and paving business for the last 20 years ,problem is i lose so much time due to the weather this time of year i think its time to look elsewhere and BT looks like a good company to work for.I havent had a formal interview for many years so was after some insight to the questions on the video interview.
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Wed 18-Dec-19 19:34:16
Print Post

[re: Ady70] [link to this post]

There is some info on this jobs and training forum, but I couldnít tell you where, I just went through page by page, one thing I would tell you is donít hold your breath for this job, the recruitment can take months and months, but it is supposed to be a good place to work. Just maybe get some work from smaller companies in the mean time.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Tue 24-Dec-19 21:40:50
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

Cheers for the reply mate.

You donít happen to have any knowledge of what Openreach training for civils team members involves?

Information online is hard to come by compared with info for normal Ďtrainee engineerí roles.

How many weeks training it is? Etc

Cheers
Michael
Standard User MC31
(member) Thu 26-Dec-19 22:35:38
Print Post

Sorry no , the guys I worked with had done civils work before but I think most of its H&S and road works guarding.They are very big on both.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Wed 01-Jan-20 20:33:46
Print Post

Hi, Can someone reply with a discord link please?

Thank you.
Standard User Littlewood94
(newbie) Thu 23-Jan-20 14:18:12
Print Post

Hi mate. Got my assessment next Friday at Leeds. Just trying to get some information about the civils role. Ie do you get a van to pick the rest of the team up or do you make your way to the yard and go from there. Also what are the typical hours you work day to day.

Thanks in advance
Standard User Micky37
(newbie) Thu 23-Jan-20 15:59:33
Print Post

[re: Littlewood94] [link to this post]

Hello mate, plenty of info on this Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/396262417943838/

You make your own way to the yard as far as Iím aware because mostly itís big 7.5ton vehicles used but Iím sure some lads will bring a van home.
Standard User Graeme27
(newbie) Wed 19-Feb-20 22:57:53
Print Post

Hi Micky,

I passed the assessment centre day for trainee civils role last month, but received an email saying that they are yet to create positions in my location, so iím currently awaiting a start date.

Can you tell me how long it was from being informed you had the job until receiving a start date please? And wether you received the same email as myself stating you had to wait for a position?

I know this may differ depending on location but any info would be helpful. Cheers
Standard User Deanrhall
(newbie) Thu 20-Feb-20 19:01:27
Print Post

[re: Graeme27] [link to this post]

Applied for job Been a bt contractor for last 8 years worked on large and small scale work does anyone know do the put you on street works course also info about taking van home?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to