General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Antman70
(newbie) Sat 11-Apr-20 19:07:12
Print Post

Aldershot assessment Feb 13th 2020

[link to this post]

Hi all,
I attended the Aldershot assessment on 13th Feb 2020 and received confirmation on the 14th that I had passed and they were offering me a place. 8 weeks have now passed....covid is probably messing start dates up...was anybody else at the same assessment and have you any news to share?
Thanks
Ant
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Apr-20 19:18:19
Print Post

Re: Aldershot assessment Feb 13th 2020

[re: Antman70] [link to this post]

All training/buddying is on hold at present, even for those who have already started.

I guess you’ll just have to sit tight.

Which part of the country are from ?

Standard User Sammm_
(learned) Sun 12-Apr-20 02:07:30
Print Post

This could be because there aren't any open vacancies in your area but more likely due to the stress the company is facing with the COVID-19 situation. The CEO of BT is personally reviewing all recruitment until further notice.

BT EO Line 16/0.9
Cisco Certfied Network Associate.

All views are my own.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Antman70
(newbie) Sun 12-Apr-20 20:07:50
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Hello mate
I am from the Reading area. A lady in HR Budapest has said please be patient but didnt give anything else away.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Apr-20 21:01:58
Print Post

A patch I know well ... lived in Woodley for many years.

So just sit tight ... patience will be the way forward.

Standard User 00ants00
(newbie) Wed 06-May-20 08:42:54
Print Post

[re: Sammm_] [link to this post]

Hi guys, I can appreciate that Openreach are not currently hiring. But, Do you have any idea as to when they may be back onto hiring new trainee staff? Considering with all that is going on, Id imagine no one knows, but keen to find out.

I am interested in the Civil Engineering positions they offer and keen to get my CV over, what is the best way of engaging Openreach, is it just a case of waiting until advertised on their site or is there anywhere I can send my CV over to before they open up any active vacancies.

Also with the position of Civil Engineering, anyone here currently working for them? What are the opportunities for career progression and do they give you any formal qualifications after training which could be used in other areas of civil engineering in the years to come. (Not looking at moving on fast, but good to know future career options.

Thanks guys and stay safe.
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Jun-20 15:05:42
Print Post

[re: 00ants00] [link to this post]

Are you interested in Civil Engineering along with electronics, computers and general IT and Communication Systems and roughly what age are you?

Regards,
Trevor

BT 80/20 and Mobile phone package. Happy with both
"Aquila non capit muscas uel timet latrantem canem"
Standard User Jon342
(newbie) Sat 08-Aug-20 02:01:30
Print Post

[re: TrevorSP] [link to this post]

Hi

I've recently had the assessment for a civil engineering position and received an email a few days ago saying I had been successful but there are no vacancies for my area which is Leicester. Could you give me any info? Such as where the training is, I was told this would be 5 weeks away over night Monday to Friday?

Thank you
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 10-Aug-20 06:47:35
Print Post

[re: Jon342] [link to this post]

Much training is done at Yarnfield .... but not sure if this is the case for this new role

Standard User Jon342
(newbie) Mon 10-Aug-20 10:56:36
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for your response, do you think possibly the reason there is no vacancies for my area possibly due to them not being able to train the new recruits just yet due to Covid? Or is this quite a common thing to happen after the assessments?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to