General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chaffro
(newbie) Thu 23-Jul-20 10:43:28
Print Post

Openreach Civil Engineer application process

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I recently applied for a Civil Engineering role with Openreach and i have completed my video interview which i found fine and think i did pretty well.

About 5 days after completing the interview (09/07) i received and email saying: "Congratulations, we're pleased to tell you that you've passed our initial screening. We're progressing your application to the next stage of the Openreach recruitment process where we look to invite you to an assessment centre. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications we receive it is not possible for us to invite all candidates who reach this stage to attend an assessment centre. We invite candidates based on how well they've done in earlier parts of the application process and how much of a match they are for the roles we have available".

Is anyone else currently in this situation or may have been in the past? Would love to hear from some of you that have been through this as the anxiety is now killing me!
Standard User danny5213
(newbie) Mon 03-Aug-20 22:02:49
Print Post

Re: Openreach Civil Engineer application process

[re: Chaffro] [link to this post]

Hi there. I'm applying for this role as well. I only got sent the link to do the video interview last night so i'm doing a bit of practice and research first. I'll not be as cheeky as to ask what the questions were but do you know how many there are? I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of what they will be based on though. I don't hold a C1 + E licence. I'm wondering if this will count against candidates?

Good luck in getting to the assessment stage. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation for you.
  Print Thread

Jump to