General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Northants27
(newbie) Tue 18-Aug-20 19:00:05
Print Post

Openreach Civil Engineer Virtual Assessment Day 13/08/20

[link to this post]

Good evening all,

I had a virtual assessment day for a Civil Engineer post last Thursday (13th August). Had an email earlier informing me I’ve passed, however there are no positions in my area to offer me currently. It goes on to say “if and when” the situation changes they’ll be in touch with me.

I’m pleased although admittedly a little deflated. The “if” concerns me a bit. Reading around on forums this email of you’ve passed but don’t have an offer seems somewhat common.

What’s the likelihood I’ll be offered a position and how many others have had this email and were eventually offered something?

This could be 2 weeks, a month, 6 months or a year etc. Any rough idea of timescales?

Many thanks,
Chris.
Standard User Jon342
(newbie) Mon 31-Aug-20 20:05:56
Print Post

Re: Openreach Civil Engineer Virtual Assessment Day 13/08/20

[re: Northants27] [link to this post]

I had the same email on the 6th August and heard nothing so far, I live in Leicester how about you?
Standard User Lan192
(newbie) Fri 23-Oct-20 16:15:04
Print Post

Hi, would you be able to tell me abit about your virtual assessment interview. I have one in 2 weeks. Thanks L

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mike1988
(newbie) Sun 10-Jan-21 16:46:20
Print Post

Hi all, I was invited to the assessment stage in sept 20 and I passed for a civils role. I was also told there are no vacancies in my area but rest assured if something comes up they’ll be in touch. I’ve emailed a few times to show my interest still and have been told ‘bare with us’ still nothing yet but they have my details and if something comes up they will be in touch.
It gave me hope when I heard they would be taking on 5000 engineers this year but still everything seems quiet. Was wondering if anyone else has heard anything yet?
  Print Thread

Jump to