Reply to my confirmation -
Thank you for applying for the trainee engineer role.
Due to the current pandemic restrictions on face to face meetings and travel, we are going to do things slightly differently to enable us to fill our trainee engineer vacancies. We will be running Virtual Assessment Centres instead. Our intention is to utilise a video call platform and conduct video interviews.
Using video calls during your assessment session will allow us to perform a presentation and conduct the two interviews via video link.
We would therefore like to invite you to join us on Microsoft Teams for a Video interview.
You will need to be available from 8.00 a.m. to 15.00 p.m.
1st invite – 8am – Admin and Presentation
2nd invite – Suitability interview – Anytime between 0930 and 1500
3rd invite – Capability interview - Anytime between 0930 and 1500
A separate meeting invitation will follow with the dial in details for your interview session. Please ensure you dial in 10mins before the session starts.
What do I need to do before the day?
Set up Teams as per instruction at the bottom of this email. It’s important that this is done before the day to avoid any delays or issues. It’s important as we need to confirm your identify via video. If we can’t confirm your identity then we will not be able to interview you.
Refresh your memory of the job and what a trainee engineer role entails by checking out the careers page and watching the attached videos (link below)
Take the opportunity to find out more about Openreach by reading through the information on the Openreach web site (link below.)
What does the assessment centre consist of?
Your session will include:
· A presentation by an Openreach manager to discuss the role, about your assessment and what happens next.
· Two interviews to explore your strengths, capabilities and suitability to join Openreach as a Trainee Engineer.
Ensure that on the day you:
· Have a good / stable internet connection
· In a quiet room / place you won’t be easily disturbed.
· You have the following forms of identification available to show your assessor
1. Passport (if non EU with Biometric Residence Permit (both sides)
If no passport then your Birth Certificate and National Insurance Number
2. Manual Driving Licence (photo card)
3. Proof of Address (A letter with your address with the date. Dated within 3 months)
What should I wear?
Although you will be partaking in a virtual video interview please ensure you wear suitable attire.
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch.
Good luck and we look forward to speaking to you.
**Instructions for Microsoft Teams **
In preparation for your video interview you will need to complete the following steps.
1. Go to the App store on your device and download the Microsoft Teams app.
2. 10 minutes prior to your presentation and interviews open the relevant email invitation.
3. Click on the link that says join Microsoft Teams meeting.
4. Select Join as Guest.
5. Enter your full name in the box and select to enter the call.
6. If you get a message advising you (someone in the meeting will let you in soon) please be patient as the call has not yet been opened. You will soon be admitted into the relevant call. When the call is opened you will hear the presenter/ interviewer and see his name appear on screen along with some icons, select the video icon to enable video only in the interviews (Please note that the video aspect is not required during the initial presentation).
7. If you experience any technical issues or the call drops then please re-join following the steps above.
8 At the end of the call select ‘Close’ to exit the meeting once instructed to.