General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User monman13
(newbie) Thu 14-Jan-21 15:36:46
Print Post

Openreach after assessment day - what do I do now?

[link to this post]

I am pleased to say you were successful at passing the assessment centre, well done!

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a specific vacancy that matches to your location so for the moment we are unable to offer you a position.

What do I do now? Have I got the job? Do I have to go through the whole application process again? No contacts or anything have been sent through? But stuck tbh I thought they were hiring so I applied?
Standard User IamJohno
(newbie) Thu 14-Jan-21 17:05:17
Print Post

Re: Openreach after assessment day - what do I do now?

[re: monman13] [link to this post]

I got told I was successful in November got told not to give in my notice yet and I would get a call, still haven't heard a thing. Not sure who you contact to get information from either, they're still doing assessments maybe you'll hear after they've finished
Standard User Nkenners
(newbie) Thu 14-Jan-21 21:02:57
Print Post

Congratulations on passing! I have a virtual assessment in a few weeks. Could you possibly provide an insight to the type of questions they may ask and what I should do to prepare well for it? I haven’t been provided with much info.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JBird991
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-21 14:18:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by monman13:
I am pleased to say you were successful at passing the assessment centre, well done!

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a specific vacancy that matches to your location so for the moment we are unable to offer you a position.

What do I do now? Have I got the job? Do I have to go through the whole application process again? No contacts or anything have been sent through? But stuck tbh I thought they were hiring so I applied?

I for the same email which was strange since they said they woukdnt invite me to the assessment if there wasn't a vacancy.

I had same questions as you and emailed them and they replied saying. Covid has suspended their recruitment program and as soon as a role is available they'd get in touch.
Standard User JBird991
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-21 14:20:31
Print Post

[re: Nkenners] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nkenners:
Congratulations on passing! I have a virtual assessment in a few weeks. Could you possibly provide an insight to the type of questions they may ask and what I should do to prepare well for it? I haven’t been provided with much info.

Youll have an hour long PowerPoint presentation followed by 2 video interviews judging your capability and suitability. Go on the openreach website and revise abiut the company because they will ask you.

A few of the questions I can remember were like. Why openreach. Give us an example of you putting health and safety into place. How would you handle a really aggressive customer. What challenges do u expect to face.

Basically mention health and safety and customer service alot and you'll be fine.
Standard User Mike1988
(newbie) Sun 17-Jan-21 08:36:12
Print Post

[re: JBird991] [link to this post]

I took my screening assessment end Of august last year, got invited to the final assessment end of September and passed. They said unfortunately no positions in your area right now but will be in touch as and when. Still haven’t heard anything regarding been offered a position yet. I’ve sent a couple emails and they say still no jobs but as soon as anything comes up in my area they’ll be in touch and just to bare with them. You do not have to reapply if you’ve passed as they have your details. I kinda wish theyde just say though what the likelihood is that you get taken on this year. I know someone who applied years ago, passed and never got anything back out of it! That was 3 years or so ago
  Print Thread

Jump to