General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Wolforrest
(newbie) Tue 16-Feb-21 11:23:05
Print Post

February 4th Assessment centre

[link to this post]

Hi guys anyone on here do their assessment beginning of February 2021?

I've been told I passed but there are currently no positions in my area (Kent).

Be good to hear if anyone else is or has been in the same situation and an expected time frame ill be waiting for a position to arise.

I'm currently furloughed and was hoping to get a start date before I go back to work in April as I am not even sure if I have a secure job to return to.

Thanks in advance for any replies/advice.
Standard User FrostyJaxx
(newbie) Tue 16-Feb-21 13:45:36
Print Post

Re: February 4th Assessment centre

[re: Wolforrest] [link to this post]

Similar predicament here bud.

Having failed my first assessment in January 20 (after applying in January 19), I finally passed at my second attempt in Feb 21 after two long years since my first application. Was well chuffed to get the pass but received an email stating there was no specific vacancies in my area, disappointed but still keen on the role.

I’ve searched message boards for people in similar situations but there never seems to be any replies on what happened next.... Seems we received a fairly common email so I’d be interested to hear of any success stories and how long they had to wait for a start date!
Standard User Shawthing300
(newbie) Wed 17-Feb-21 10:05:10
Print Post

I'm in the same boat but in Gloucestershire. Passed my assessment centre in October and not heard anything since the no vacancy email.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FrostyJaxx
(newbie) Wed 17-Feb-21 10:30:54
Print Post

[re: Shawthing300] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Shawthing300:
I'm in the same boat but in Gloucestershire. Passed my assessment centre in October and not heard anything since the no vacancy email.

Not the response I was hoping for! Have you had no correspondence at all? Do you have a contact to email?

October seems like such a long time ago now, I assumed we were being assessed for available positions? I’m willing to wait for this role but my current contract ends in a few months which means I’ll need to seriously consider what I plan to do next. I assume many others will be in similar situations, hence applying for the role!
Standard User Shawthing300
(newbie) Wed 17-Feb-21 10:56:26
Print Post

[re: FrostyJaxx] [link to this post]

I just used the email address that sent me the confirmation but thats gone quiet now too.

I spoke to a couple of engineers over Christmas and they made mention of the training centre taking on less than half of the delegates per training.

I'm still willing to wait but it would be nice to get some timescale!
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 21-Feb-21 14:19:57
Print Post

Ive met a few engineers that had simillar responses who then later got an offer no specific time frames though everyones different. The current pandemic will no doubt make a huge difference too. Less people can be invited to yarnfield at any one time making the whole thing much more difficult to organize.

Have a little faith your definitely not the first to get that email but there are a lot that get that email then get an offer a short time later.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User choppersrock
(regular) Sun 21-Feb-21 15:58:01
Print Post

I waited 7 months from successful assessment to getting to yarnfield on my first day.....

Sky Fibre Pro - Billion 880nl V1 (bridge mode) + Opnsense with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled April 2016

Edited by choppersrock (Sun 21-Feb-21 20:27:35)

Standard User Sonny_T
(newbie) Mon 22-Feb-21 19:25:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by Wolforrest:
Hi guys anyone on here do their assessment beginning of February 2021?

I've been told I passed but there are currently no positions in my area (Kent).

Be good to hear if anyone else is or has been in the same situation and an expected time frame ill be waiting for a position to arise.

I'm currently furloughed and was hoping to get a start date before I go back to work in April as I am not even sure if I have a secure job to return to.

Thanks in advance for any replies/advice.

2 years almost to the day from being told I had a job to be given a start date.

It's not given me a good impression if I'm honest.
  Print Thread

Jump to