General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JD80
(newbie) Sat 20-Feb-21 15:59:18
Print Post

Training

[link to this post]

Hi all, I've been accepted as a trainee engineer starting in March 2021, does anyone have any info on the training itself as in, timescales? I was told I will need to do 1 week at yarnfield then another week elsewhere closer to home then on the job after that but I've received info that I will be doing 13 weeks. Can anyone shed some light on how long the residential training lasts please? I'm confused! Thanks
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 21-Feb-21 12:22:23
Print Post

Re: Training

[re: JD80] [link to this post]

With pandemic things are very different from when I trained. It was 13 weeks for me but that was some hands on and some classroom.
The job your going to do will have a bearing on where your trained and how long the training will be. Service Delivery is 13 weeks. Not too sure about the other roles. I know civils is a lot less. FND I think is not quite as long either but with the pandemic quite a lot of stuff is done online so youll definitely be close to home for that smile

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User JD80
(newbie) Sun 21-Feb-21 12:37:06
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Thanks. I'm just hoping that I'm not away from home for 13 weeks straight! I'm in service delivery.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Patrick92
(newbie) Sun 21-Feb-21 14:18:40
Print Post

Hi, do you mind me asking how long it took for them to call you after passing assessment centre stage? I passed mine beginning of this month and would just like a rough time scale. Thank you!
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 22-Feb-21 07:38:35
Print Post

SD will be 13 weeks but highly unlikely you'll be away from home for more than 5 days at a time home every weekend though you may travel back Sunday night and that's worse case. Chances are you'll do yarnfield week then visit local training centres after that. Some buddying / on the job training and due to the pandemic a lot has been moved online so you'll be sat at home watching video presentations too.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
  Print Thread

Jump to