General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CenaraEveM
(newbie) Sat 27-Feb-21 16:00:42
Print Post

Openreach Virtual Assessment day MARCH 2021

[link to this post]

Hey guys!

I have my assessment next month and I have read over a few comments about people who have done both the in person assessment day and the virtual assessment day. On the in person assessment day, people speak about a maths and english test... PLEASE can someone confirm if this is also on the virtual assessment day?

Can people tell me what the people are like when your having your interview questions? like are they nice, easy to talk to or are they stricked and straight to the point if you get me.

I am revising as much as i can but one thing I seem to be struggling with is Health and Safety - as in I havent been in a position where I have seen anyone not following health and safety guidelines really so this is a tough one. Does anyone have any tips with giving a good answer to the questions they got about health and safety.

Any tips on what not to do or say haha.

Id be grateful for all your help! more the merrier

smile
Standard User Gamer11
(newbie) Sat 27-Feb-21 21:09:23
Print Post

Re: Openreach Virtual Assessment day MARCH 2021

[re: CenaraEveM] [link to this post]

I had a virtual assessment recently.There wasn’t any English or maths test so don’t worry about that.

The people that interviewed me were sound and fairly talkative. Personally I found them easy to talk to.

They seem to be very big on health and safety and customer service so have plenty examples regarding those things. If you don’t have an example about when you’ve encountered poor health and safety I would maybe say what you would do if you were to encounter it.

Hope this helps
Standard User CenaraEveM
(newbie) Sun 28-Feb-21 15:19:49
Print Post

[re: Gamer11] [link to this post]

Thank your for your reply Gamer11!

Oh i am glad about that, i cant remember the last time i actually had to do a maths or english test haha.

Thats good that they where talkative! iv ad interviews before where the person interviewing was just so point blank and stern so it made the pressure of the interview worse!

Fab! Thank You, I dont suppose you cant remember your questions that you where asked regarding the Health and Safety questions can you? I do have a few which im trying to prepare for like:
Tell us about a time regarding Health and Safety? Or It is very important to work safely, give me an example of when you have had to consider Health and Safety and what was your approach?

Iv been on Glassdoor and that has given me some tips on some questions that may be asked haha but trying to get as many possible questions as I can.

Have you heard back from them yet if you passed?

I hope you have got in as thsi whole process is so long and nerve wrecking haha.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gamer11
(newbie) Sun 28-Feb-21 17:14:07
Print Post

[re: CenaraEveM] [link to this post]

Glad to help smile

They sent me an email the next day saying I passed the assessment centre which was quite surprising as I thought I messed up big time haha.

The questions I was asked about health and safety were :

what health and safety equipment would engineers use?

What does health safety mean to you?

How would an engineer keep the public safe while working?

They probably have a wide selection of questions but try to keep it in this area and you will be fine!

There wasn’t too many questions actually and they will ask probing questions to help you give more detail should they feel they need to do so.
Standard User CenaraEveM
(newbie) Sun 28-Feb-21 17:53:14
Print Post

oh wow!! Next day thats so good! and CONGRATULATIONS!!! do you start soon or are you on the waiting list? im so happy for you that you got the job!

Oh they are good questions, Funny though as how do we know what they will use unless its the standard hard hat, gloves, safety boots, high visibility clothing, barriers, harasses and ropes and sunscreen cant go a miss on them sunny days haha.

is there a link or is it on their page about how they keep the public safe. I would have thought just signs and cordoning off areas to the public would be what they use.

They are a hardish question if its not on their website.

Yeah I think they do tbh my aim was to get as many possible questions and answers to them so if they did come up then i can do my best to remember the answer I had :'D providing my memory works well on the day haha.

I did read that someone said each interview was around 20 mins long but I guess that can be different per person as depends on the questions and answers.
Standard User Sneaky_Beaky
(newbie) Wed 03-Mar-21 14:26:03
Print Post

I got grilled on health and safety but did not get asked any of the questions they asked you smile
  Print Thread

Jump to