Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shirland
(member) Fri 20-Nov-20 12:36:50
Print Post

Big Sur / Catalina Help

[link to this post]

I have a late 2013 iMac that cannot be upgraded to Big Sur. I also have a 2015 MacBook Pro that can be.

If I upgrade the MacBook to Big Sur will I have any icloud sync issues between the two machines? Everything from Photos to Notes, Calenadars, addressbook etc.

I know sometimes Apple upgrade one of their programs but the new features are only available on the latest system. One that comes to mind here is pinning conversations in iMessage.

Or would I be better to leave both machines running Catalina? I am not desperate to upgrade, just interested to see how the new system works / looks.

Thanks.
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 12:53:48
Print Post

Re: Big Sur / Catalina Help

[re: shirland] [link to this post]

Nope.

Standard User TinyMongomery
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Nov-20 12:55:29
Print Post

Re: Big Sur / Catalina Help

[re: shirland] [link to this post]

Why not install Big Sur on an external disk, or a separate partition, to see how it works? I tried it in a VM, but there were a few issues and nothing to persuade my to update yet.

I think the only program where there might be compatibility issues is email. They do occasionally modify the file format. But I suspect iCloud syncs would just work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to