General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nomadd11
(regular) Fri 25-Dec-09 23:10:58
Print Post

Vodafone top up and go - 3GB for £15 now?

[link to this post]

I noticed the following on the Vodafone site when I just clicked on Broadband from the main menu:

TopUp and Go mobile broadband gives you the flexibility of instant web and email access without a monthly contract.

And now, the USB Modem comes in white, pink and blue.

* No contract - no fuss
* Go online for 30 days from when you top up
* Top up anytime - 3GB costs just £15
* All this for £35 - which includes a 3GB TopUp

Does this mean that the 1GB for £15 has now been raised for all existing users also? It doesn't seem clear when you drill down to any further pages - they just mention "£15 top ups" but don't mention any data size.

Anyone know if the current non-expiring Top Up And go (as long as you use it once every 180 days) has just automatically moved to 3GB for the £15?

Nomadd
Standard User jon_rod
(committed) Sat 26-Dec-09 15:20:52
Print Post

Re: Vodafone top up and go - 3GB for £15 now?

[re: nomadd11] [link to this post]

Looks like they've increased the limit to 3GB and removed the non expiry clause. To me this is a step back, I'm sure most people would rather have the non-expiry clause.

AAISP
Standard User dusty
(sr-freechataholic) Sat 26-Dec-09 16:12:03
Print Post

[re: jon_rod] [link to this post]

I hope not as i just went and got my self mobile broadband pay as you go with vodafone, because of the tariff of no monthly expiry. If so they sold me a product i do not want, with no prior warning of change

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nomadd11
(regular) Sat 26-Dec-09 17:06:44
Print Post

[re: jon_rod] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jon_rod:
Looks like they've increased the limit to 3GB and removed the non expiry clause. To me this is a step back, I'm sure most people would rather have the non-expiry clause.

Yep, that's exactly the way I read it. Any mention of the "non expiry", which they used to trumpet so loudly as their USP, now seems to have been removed from their web site. The currently deal makes them no better than any of the competition.

My £15 for 1GB still seems to be working OK - it's what I'm on right now as I type this - but I've no idea what will happen once it runs out? Guess I will then get 3GB for my £15, but that will then expire 30 days later - which is completely useless to me.

Guess I'll be looking around for something else - not that their seem to be many - any? - options.

Maybe someone who works for Vodafone could comment. They seem to have commented on posts in here in the past.

Nomadd
Standard User petethegeek
(regular) Sat 26-Dec-09 17:33:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by nomadd11:
My £15 for 1GB still seems to be working OK - it's what I'm on right now as I type this - but I've no idea what will happen once it runs out? Guess I will then get 3GB for my £15, but that will then expire 30 days later - which is completely useless to me.

My reading would be that this is a repackaging to create an entirely different new product. Thus anyone who purchased the product when it offered 1GB for £15, and was essentially non-expiring, will continue to top up on that basis. On the other hand anyone purchasing the current offering will only be able to top up on the terms that are presently offered, i.e. 3GB for £15, but only valid for 30 days. That's certainly what I'm hoping anyway.

In reply to a post by nomadd11:
Maybe someone who works for Vodafone could comment. They seem to have commented on posts in here in the past.

I believe you are more likely to get an 'official' response on Vodafone's own forums here
Standard User dusty
(sr-freechataholic) Sat 26-Dec-09 17:49:24
Print Post

[re: petethegeek] [link to this post]

They cant sell you a modem with the offer of never expire and then change the product to something totally different. I just hope you are right, otherwise i was sold a lemon with out any warning of change.

Standard User dusty
(sr-freechataholic) Sun 27-Dec-09 07:04:01
Print Post

Taken from the vodafone forum

Hi all

The new proposition will use a different gateway address to access the internet, than that currently in use for payg usb modems.

It will only be available with 1 specific usb modem...a modified K3565 USB stick. So all of you with existing PAYG usb modems will continue as before.

Anyone who wants the new 3Gb 30 day rate will need to buy the new usb stick.

Thank you rs1000 for supplying the URL to the new proposition.

I trust this answers all the queries.

Albert
eForum team

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45548

Standard User petethegeek
(regular) Sun 27-Dec-09 08:17:31
Print Post

[re: dusty] [link to this post]

Thanks for passing that on dusty - much appreciated.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 16-Jan-10 19:40:01
Print Post

any dongle brought before 26th december 2009 will stay the same without the 30 day expirey
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 25-Jan-10 07:31:01
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
any dongle brought before 26th december 2009 will stay the same without the 30 day expirey

Phew !!!!!!!

Was getting worried there myself, I take it that when we top up we still get the 1GB for £15 and not 3GB naturally.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to