General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Sep-13 02:27:24
Print Post

Re: EE 4G PAYG Mobile Broadband

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Probably for the best!

Who knows in a couple of years I may switch back to 3, I was last with them a couple of years ago.

EE LTE isn't impressing me speed wise.

Those 3 speeds are beating the sky line - perhaps tether constantly & remove the home bb. Assuming its not shared between a family.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 09-Sep-13 02:28:07)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-13 04:08:06
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I would but my biggest fear is cocking the phone up doing so.

I can replace the battery at will but the phone might get tired quickly.

The sky line is going anyway.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Sep-13 04:09:42
Print Post

Ah that makes sense!
What's the sky line going to then?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-13 04:12:39
Print Post

It's being cut off. Its out of contract anyway and playing up.

I also got a code to redcyclein my old phone with mazuma and I get 50 quid and it's any phone so Irecycled a galaxy i1550 so get 60 quid for it (10 for phone +50)

Good day all round smile
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Sep-13 04:20:15
Print Post

Ahh so will you be keeping the Virgin line?

Get a quote here first http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/reuse_and_recycle they're often better than others.

Hows the s4 compared to the iPhone? I've used iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s and iPhone 5. I've considered switching over numerous times but 90% of people I need to talk to have iMessage and I'm extremely happy on iPhone. I just 'feel' like something out there may be better & perhaps I'm over sucked into the Apple community. Apples let me down lately, airplay sucks, their airport express isn't great, their lightning port annoys me & they've not fixed my macbook properly after 2 repairs hehe.
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-13 04:24:15
Print Post

My phone is worth 9 quid I'd be silly not to use this voucher and get 60 quid hehe

It's fantastic. I still have my ipad. In fact I'm on it now on the 4g. Few gigs to go.

Virgin did me a very good price for it so I'd be silly not to keep it. It's cheaper than my sky line is at full price anyway (22.50)

The s4 is great nice screen. I don't like google but have to use them. Just wary on what I share with them. The less I share with them the less they can share about me.

It's just nice to have my all you can eat data back. I used 2mb last month as mt phone I had couldn't do 3G for toffee

Sorry wanted to add I've had an iPhone 5 and then a nexus 4 but out of all of them this s4 is the best in my view

Edited by pcoventry76 (Mon 09-Sep-13 04:25:34)

(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-13 04:36:56
Print Post

The only bit of sky ill miss will be the sky wifi it's been good when out and about but ill just use my phone again. Just been looking on 02 they want 44 a month for an s4 and 8gb data. I'm glad 3 won't be charging more and they plan to launch in 13 cities in December I was told.

Awesome smile
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-13 13:11:42
Print Post

SO what's the mifi thing you have like?

It's meant to be the better of the 2 according to the website

With talks that Three just walked away from the network sharing deal with EE seems like 3 are going to be in a weaker position and left on 800 and 1800 unless they " do their own spectrum" as they quote this week.

I used up my 4G backing up to Google Drive. With the download so poor and the upload decent that seemed the logical way to solve it. I am glad it was PAYG this time. Sims in landfill shortly

Edited by pcoventry76 (Mon 09-Sep-13 17:57:35)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Sep-13 20:21:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
SO what's the mifi thing you have like?

If you're asking me, I'm quietly impressed - but the problem is the standard WiFi problem in many areas (not enough channels) so on the laptop I've used the usb cable.

With talks that Three just walked away from the network sharing deal with EE seems like 3 are going to be in a weaker position and left on 800 and 1800 unless they " do their own spectrum" as they quote this week.

Any links on that?

I used up my 4G backing up to Google Drive. With the download so poor and the upload decent that seemed the logical way to solve it. I am glad it was PAYG this time. Sims in landfill shortly

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-13 21:00:58
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Why does everything have to be proved with a link? Can't people google this for themselves.?

As you wish

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/news/ee-three-4g-spe...

"Talks between EE and Three to share 4G spectrum have come to nothing, largely because Three did not see any benefit from the deal"

Whoever ends up with what I don't mind. I have a phone which someone else gave me when they upgrade their 3 sim and mine runs out in a few months so I have an unlocked phone that will do 700/ 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700/ 1800 / 2100 / 2600.

let the battle continue!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to