General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Sep-13 18:32:10
Print Post

Re: EE 4G PAYG Mobile Broadband

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

How are you getting on with your Mifi unit?

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Sep-13 22:54:33
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
How are you getting on with your Mifi unit?

It works well around here (really well in some places)., I've used up my credit and won't bother topping up at the moment until I need it smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Sep-13 12:29:08
Print Post

That's good.

Mine was a real slow chore to chew through it - I've kept the sim just incase but put it in a box with the rest of my phone stuff.

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 17:55:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
Mine was a real slow chore to chew through it - I've kept the sim just incase but put it in a box with the rest of my phone stuff.

My MiFi is an unlocked unit (not bought from EE) so I can use it with any of my SIMs here, for various countries. smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Sep-13 19:12:43
Print Post

The one I got from 3 was too after I got rid of the contract. But it's 3G and the old version I think 21mbps is the max.

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Sep-13 16:01:45
Print Post

In an area last week I was seeing 3Mbps in central London on LTE- extremely populated

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/640589109

So the upgrades are definitely making a difference & a major one at that.
I was expecting to see the same pathetic speeds again
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Sep-13 16:39:37
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Yes that is good. I was told today again that double speed upgrades are only for contract customers.

He might have well just said scummy PAYG people can jog on.

I might try them again sometime. I popped my PAYG MBB sim in my phone and it lit up so it's defo unlocked.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Sep-13 19:41:30
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
In an area last week I was seeing 3Mbps in central London on LTE- extremely populated
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/640589109
So the upgrades are definitely making a difference & a major one at that.
I was expecting to see the same pathetic speeds again

Is that the same area you were getting 3Mbps? That's a nice jump!

In my area on the 4G network I get IP addresses labelled as "Orange" by speedtest, but yours was labelled T-Mobile - I wonder if EE will get all the IP addresses renamed to "EE" at RIPE smile

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Sep-13 01:50:12
Print Post

Yep it was where I was seeing 3 Mbps a week ago and it was really slow . Sudden jump.

It's between 45 and 80 now .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to