General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 31-Aug-13 17:21:29
Print Post

Re: EE 4G PAYG Mobile Broadband

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

3s 4g rollout is painfully long and will not reach you anywhere near December. Just keep that in mind.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sat 31-Aug-13 17:29:41)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Aug-13 18:23:05
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

This is true. However a decent ultrafast phone would do until then. I want a phone with a replaceable battery I always buy them with them built in which means they are knackered in 6-12 months.

Ill see where I am then. Still got the cash to save now smile even a 3 3GB ebay sim would give me 5mbps up so I don't have to stay with EE
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 31-Aug-13 18:27:14
Print Post

This is true. However a decent ultrafast phone would do until then. I want a phone with a replaceable battery I always buy them with them built in which means they are knackered in 6-12 months.
My iPhone battery lasts just long enough to get me from wall plug to wall plug, with the odd stop off in between.

Ill see where I am then. Still got the cash to save now smile even a 3 3GB ebay sim would give me 5mbps up so I don't have to stay with EE
Yep if your usage is low why the hell pay for an expensive VM connection. I'm heavy on Netflix, we have it on the TV now so I need my home broadband really.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 31-Aug-13 18:41:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:

Lucky - testing with my Three PAYG SIM in my new 42mbps capable "mobile wifi" box - I get at best 10meg download and its VERY variable from 6 to 10, in about 3 locations (home, friends, and inbetween) and the best upload I saw was 3 meg, most of the time it was 1.5meg. Not been to EE store yet, will try next week.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Aug-13 19:43:28
Print Post

Oh I've always had Netflix but my backup and free sky connection is running it just fine

Something happening with EE I'm suddenly getting 15mbps down. I have done a screen site ill upload it later I'm on ipad.

But it's always been 8 and never more

@jc I have a 3 Miri which I unlocked that's about the same on 3 but I've used giffgaff too
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 31-Aug-13 19:47:50
Print Post

The site could have been connected via microwave using older equipment which may have been replaced. A few LTE masts are put in place before this upgrade.
More backhaul (assuming it was always hard wired)
Or it finally got hard wired

Or whoever has been hammering it has finally gone away for a while.

Few possibilities
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Aug-13 20:08:24
Print Post

They must be silly to hammer it its expensive

The upload is still half what I had on contract but it'll do
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-13 14:24:18
Print Post

I've been to the woods where the 3 are. The highest one IS the Orange cells (the kit at the bottom has the logo on) the second highest is O2 the one actually in the tree line is Voda.

So I hope they turn that one on too
Standard User LA7
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-13 16:52:52
Print Post

I am in cwmbran here is a speed test using alcatel y800 payg 4g mobile broadband

ee 4g speedtest

Edited by LA7 (Mon 02-Sep-13 16:55:32)

(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-13 17:51:50
Print Post

[re: LA7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LA7:
I am in cwmbran here is a speed test using alcatel y800 payg 4g mobile broadband

ee 4g speedtest

Nice thanks - At least your area is not limited.

Ill go to Cwmbran tomorrow and have a go see what I get. I am going to Ponty anyway so passing through.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to