Just my two cents, I have spent the best part of two weeks using the 3 unlimited SIM and I cancelled for the following reasons:
1. In London speeds are erratic with many areas no data throughput what-so-ever even on bands that are not 20.
2. Busy areas have had no data throughput at rush hour several times - Canary Wharf, London Bridge, Victoria Train station.
3. Shopping centres including Westfield Shepherds Bush, when busy network 3 kept kicking me onto 3G, despite 4G on band 1, 3 and 20 available.
4. Band 20 gets swamped indoors. With EE and O2 when you land on Band 20 you get 3+Mbps... Whenever I had it on 3, data almost stopped or did entirely.
5. I hate the preference where 3G is set over Band 20 LTE... Despite having 4 bars of LTE on band 20 in my office, the phone kept dropping to 1 bar 3G and calls would cut in and out, and drop.
6. No visual voicemail - it was news to me that only o2 and EE offer that.
7. Calls often make this weird sort of robotic, mashed up jumble, almost alien sound and I had to redial... Not sure if this is common but my colleague mentioned they experience it also on 3:
Found the noise on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jxG0NTfnE
8. Customer service was absolutely awful, it took 9 days to get my PAC code. I had to quote Ofcom and write to CEO office.
9. Whilst driving around London, I would often have 1 bar of 4G and 1 bar of 3G, calls would struggle as I drove around.
My main issue for leaving however was the data being virtually unusable and being on 3G for long periods of time.
Back to EE for me!
For the record, I am very heavy use - 15GB+ often as much as 30GB. I will often tether to my phone in and around London also. I take WebEx, Skype, Zoom calls on my data for hours on end (both in office, driving, and at home), I use whatsapp / facetime audio often on the go. I will often stream the radio via my phone to the car as it gets better reception. For my use case Network 3 is practically impossible, I couldn't get through a single call on webex etc.
Edited by ukhardy07 (Tue 11-Dec-18 00:34:55)