General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | [27] | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Feb-19 08:01:42
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rolandrat:
On the landline, mobile broadband isnt landline.
Ive already spoken to BT and they have confirmed the reduction when the line is clear of broadband services.

Fair enough, good for you.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 03-Feb-19 08:32:16
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

BT Consumer has no way of knowing that anyone who isnít a BT or one of its subsidiaries mobile customer has mobile broadband, other than that these days to some degree most people between the ages of eleven and sixty do. wink smile

I wonder if GDPR stops even that, and they only know their own?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Feb-19 12:44:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think so.. My neighbour got turned down for Infinity - credit check I think. But she went right on to Plusnet and now is on their fibre a week and a bit later.. I had to do the order here as she had no internet and at the time no mobile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Feb-19 15:49:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
SIM-only, or that Three WiFi router with the included SIM?

Have you checked what your Three speeds are like? I did, with a 99p SIM from the paper shop. smile

If you are a gamer I think the latency could be a problem.

I think this is going to be a pure profit for them - the router is only a £30 device - locked in for 2 years - Go binge is a nice touch but pointless as I am sure anyone who has Netflix is not going to go for standard def if they have unlimited data - but as there are no phone calls or sms in this - looks like a good idea - I re tested speeds in my area - decent 90 down and 30 up , the router is only 150/50 anyway

For £22 - a bargain.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Feb-19 22:49:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That's their WiFi router though, and pure data. I'm on £20 for unlimited everything on my phone, which creates a hotspot for my other stuff and travels in my pocket. The original topic of the thread smile.

The £20pm SIM I have is back on sale as well. Until mid-day Monday.

It must be selling really well - it's still on offer.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 06-Feb-19 23:27:46
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Somewhere, I think I backtracked on the "Until mid-day Monday", when I realised the ticking down referred to some phone bundles reached by clicking the link next to it smile.

What is odd though is the two top items on this page smile. One or other has to go soon! Unless the £20 is going to revert to £27.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User teshy
(newbie) Thu 07-Feb-19 08:57:21
Print Post

I got caught by the timer counting down to Monday midday. I wanted to sign up to the £20 deal but wanted to delay as long as possible to tie in with a plan ending with another provider. As I had missed out during the Three Friday sale, I hastily signed up this time round.

Not really a problem as it was only a matter of a week or so before my previous plan ran out. But still, the countdown was, in my perspective, slightly misleading. I should have checked, but it was less than five minutes to midday when I signed up and I didn't want to miss out so was a bit hasty.

On a positive note, I am pleased with the service so far. There are a lot of negative reviews for Three on various forums, but I have been pleased so far, even with calling their customer services to confirm a few things.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Feb-19 09:32:20
Print Post

[re: teshy] [link to this post]

I donít know about other forums, but everyone here that has signed up to this seems happy. Latency compared to AAISP FTTC is poor of course, but not a big issue. £40pm saving definitely is!

I did this indoors speed test an hour ago, Faster than my 65Mbps+ sync FTTC. In both directions, just in a phone. No MiFi router with better antennae.

Not only am I happy with it, it releases me from worrying about mobile data when on the move, as I only had 1GB so needed to conserve it in case I needed SatNav via google.

I wonder if complaints are from people who havenít thought it through, or came a cropper in the past with the previous ďAll you can eatĒ product, whatever it was called. A link to somewhere where they are moaning might be interesting?

Re CS, I rang them earlier in 2018 when I bought a £1 3-2-1 PAYG SIM in the paper shop for an entirely different reason, and by mistake did an initial £10 top up instead of the required £15, so was put on the wrong deal. The call was answered very quickly, and sorted with no trouble very quickly. That impressed me.

Standard User teshy
(newbie) Thu 07-Feb-19 09:40:56
Print Post

Not only am I happy with it, it releases me from worrying about mobile data when on the move, as I only had 1GB so needed to conserve it in case I needed SatNav via google.

I agree, and I too wanted to get away from worrying about mobile data limits. I'm happy with Three so far. Signal is lower than my previous provider at home, but still 10 down 8 up and, in any case, at home 80/20 sync'd FTTC is fine via wifi.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Feb-19 15:15:23
Print Post

It's looking good. I am considering swapping my VM sim to 3 - yes I will lose some speed but I seem to be getting a lot of times on VM where mobile data stops - and it's also happening on my wife's phone - so I know it's not me.

I am half tempted to snap up this deal seeing as I am now on a 2 years mobile BB deal with them anyway

No matter what speed I am getting on the router - Netflix seems to work like a charm anyway so I am happy smile

Edited by 23Prince (Thu 07-Feb-19 15:16:15)

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | [27] | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to