General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Feb-19 21:16:10
Print Post

Re: Huawei B311 on Three Mobile Broadband

[re: kadi] [link to this post]

Someone is claiming they have done 3.8TB in a month - not sure if that's true - it's more than I do on a 400mbps cable line.
Standard User johnr1987
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-19 16:11:56
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Someone is claiming they have done 3.8TB in a month - not sure if that's true - it's more than I do on a 400mbps cable line.

I done over 5tb since November 2018 black friday sim my router TPLINK says 5.3tb data total usage.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Feb-19 16:52:45
Print Post

[re: johnr1987] [link to this post]

Aye but this is per month - not in total

Still impressive smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Feb-19 17:03:48
Print Post

I've just seen a full page ad in my paper for the Three HomeFi at £22. In the small print at the bottom it says, (as someone recently posted in one of the three threads), that this is the 100GB plan with Unlimited Data add-on. So that is definite.

As far as I'm aware there isn't and wasn't any such statement about the £20 SIM only deal, which appears to be the (currently not showing) £27 Unlimited one discounted.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 07-Feb-19 17:04:40)

Standard User longer
(newbie) Thu 07-Feb-19 19:37:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I've just seen a full page ad in my paper for the Three HomeFi at £22. In the small print at the bottom it says, (as someone recently posted in one of the three threads), that this is the 100GB plan with Unlimited Data add-on. So that is definite.

As far as I'm aware there isn't and wasn't any such statement about the £20 SIM only deal, which appears to be the (currently not showing) £27 Unlimited one discounted.

I took a sim deal for £27 haggled the prices down to £11 after 1 day using the 14 days cooling period ended up with 200minutes AYCE Unlimited text unlimited hotspot using the three complaint link on Google.

It's possible depends how good your haggling skills are some people got it even lower like £8
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Feb-19 12:43:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:

It might have been me who pointed that out - but here is the screenshot taken from my account indeed confirming this.

https://i.postimg.cc/HLrzMT9V/Screenshot-2019-02-08-...

My allowance also started to go down before they whacked it on which was a day or so later

Edit: My speed isn't great but I have no complaints. It's running the downloads on a SkyQ box via ethernet quite happily - and the wifi signal goes all over my house - even the SH3 couldn't do that and I had to have a power line repeater in the living room

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8023998997

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 08-Feb-19 12:45:44)

Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Feb-19 13:38:37
Print Post

Interesting

i wonder why it is like that

i mean is it a legal thing or "industry" trick.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Feb-19 13:52:29
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

I guess Mobile Broadband is different to handset data and needs an addon? Probably a trick as the system isn't set up for it and so one needs to be added.

It's working in either case - The router seems stable although I do turn if off when I don't need it on - no idea why just a habit. it takes about 12 seconds from power to online so not bad.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Feb-19 15:46:48
Print Post

[re: kadi] [link to this post]

I had to cancel under 14 days - annoying but they had capacity issues at the mast, despite notifying me and doing capacity upgrades the speed is even worse - it's a shame but I can't even consider an unlimited sim with 3 or any 3 MVNO as I only have the 1 mast in my area to bounce off ( I've checked and that's true believe it or not) downside of the countryside!

Can't fault 3 in their communication.. nor in the call centre who were very polite and sorted it right away.

66GB used - most of it painfully slow.

The search for a decent backup continues....

Edited by 23Prince (Wed 13-Feb-19 15:48:24)

Standard User andynormancx
(regular) Wed 13-Feb-19 16:05:34
Print Post

One part of my first Three bill claimed I'd used 2.2TB in the month. Another part reckoned 1.2TB. Three's metering/billing systems are not good...

My data says I used ~1TB.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to