I tried a hard reset of my B525 using the pinhole on the back of the unit. Unfortunately this seems to have had no effect on the connection and it remains stubbornly on 4G/LTE.
I even tried using the web config page to do a Local Update using the firmware .bin file included at the start of this thread. It went through the process & finished with 'Update Failed'. I also tried the same using a B525 firmware .bin file I found via Google. That too failed (but at least my B525 didn't screw up, it just stayed on its existing firmware).
I used Android app huaCtrl to connect to my B525. See image here:
Simultaneously I used another Android phone with huaCtrl to connect to my B535. See image here:
As you can see in the top-right of the images, the B535 connects at LTE+ whereas the B525 only connects at LTE speed. Both routers are connected to the same Cell ID and on the same Band B3-1800MHz. As best I can understand, both devices are showing pretty decent signal levels on internal antenna (I tried the B525 on external antenna but it made no difference).
So, I'm convinced the problem has to be the B525 firmware 11.189.61.00.1217 unless anyone has any other ideas (supplier Livewire weren't interested in providing any support whatsoever!)
Edited by smithbill (Thu 19-Dec-19 13:45:39)