General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kommando
(regular) Wed 25-Mar-20 11:41:32
Print Post

Re: Huawei B525 - firmware guide to enable bridge mode and m

[re: henrix343] [link to this post]

All the info is on a french site so google translate is involved so I have not tried it.

I would not do it but you can try if you accept the risk of bricking your B525.
Standard User henrix343
(newbie) Wed 25-Mar-20 14:24:07
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

Can you post the link? I have B535. After contacting huawei "support" and do not get any proper answer - the only option is to upgrade soft to B525 version (but they are different kind of devices - cat5 vs cat6), or use DMZ mode.

So I guess I will try that, but I really think of buying a new - fully configurable (OS supported) router.
Standard User kommando
(regular) Wed 25-Mar-20 18:51:32
Print Post

I never bookmarked it but it was on this website's forum

https://routeur4g.fr/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kommando
(regular) Fri 27-Mar-20 11:42:15
Print Post

Bootstrap photo

https://i.postimg.cc/02GwNNwn/b525-bootshot.jpg

Its a cover off job.
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Fri 27-Mar-20 18:04:12
Print Post

urgh, reminds me of the inside of an old console......back in the glory days when everything wasn't too small to solder.
Standard User henrix343
(newbie) Mon 30-Mar-20 08:56:18
Print Post

[re: buggerlugs] [link to this post]

@kommando thanks, but I can't even translate this page with google translator frown

@buggerlugs smile yea now without an good hotair or IR you can;t even touch the hardware.
Standard User buggerlugs
(regular) Mon 30-Mar-20 10:28:52
Print Post

Here you go Henrix...

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto...
Standard User Dinger42
(newbie) Sun 26-Apr-20 08:49:05
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Just to state my experience which I trust will be helpful to those having recently acquired a B525 with firmware 11.190.61.01.1217. Firmware commonly installed on EE and other network supplied routers. This is locked to 4G mode so connecting a DECT phone will not work as it needs to drop down to 3G to take receive calls.

Get a copy of the readily available 11.189.63.00.1217 bin. With your router connected to PC via LAN cable do a local update. Find the bin file on the PC open up and run the update. No need for USB to USB, opening up router etc. On successful update you will see that under modes it now says Auto or 4G, 3G , 2G selection, when before was just Auto or 4G options. Plug in your phone and hew presto it now takes calls by dropping down to 3G.

Prepared to be shot down as new to the table but why cannot local updates via LAN be more widely used as opposed to USB to USB?
Standard User ron3003
(learned) Fri 12-Jun-20 13:04:07
Print Post

[re: Dinger42] [link to this post]

Probably a stupid question but here goes.
I won an auction for a B525s-23a that was supposedly unlocked only to discover on delivery it's locked to EE. The vendor refunded the £8.99 charge that's levied by EE to get the unlock code but their team are currently all furloughed. I've submitted a request via CS for a callback but so far it's not happening.
So would updating the firmware as described here remove the carrier lock or am I being daft?
Standard User ron3003
(learned) Sun 14-Jun-20 20:24:08
Print Post

[re: ron3003] [link to this post]

Answering my own question, it seems short of following some dodgy looking youtube videos in Vietnamese language and installing a hacked firmware and running something called 1 Click Unlocker (which I don't intend to try as it probably installs all kinds of backdoors) then I'm out of luck.
Looks like I'll just sit on this B525 until EE unlocking team return, I expect unlocking second hand devices even for a fee is pretty low on the agenda for the skeleton staff still working during the lockdown.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to