General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User LordVader
(member) Sun 09-Aug-20 10:12:36
Print Post

Re: Huawei B525 - firmware guide to enable bridge mode and m

[re: ron3003] [link to this post]

Ok I have enabled bridge mode on my B525.

How do I access it now so I can check the connected bands? Normally use Hmanager on my android mobile
Standard User kommando
(regular) Sun 09-Aug-20 10:49:13
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

I use LTE H-monitor on a PC to access a bridged B715 and its worked before with a bridged B525.
Standard User hcuk94
(newbie) Fri 28-Aug-20 15:39:00
Print Post

[re: ron3003] [link to this post]

Don't suppose you had any luck on this count did you?
I have the exact same issue, just gone back to my seller for the EE fee refund!
When I spoke to EE earlier, the indication seemed to be that the telephone unlocking team have actually been made redundant. He said the new process is for the CS Advisors to fill in a form which will then get processed in 7-10 working days... ouch.
If I though some custom firmware would fix this then I'd give it a go but I'm guessing not...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ralkbirdy
(newbie) Tue 08-Sep-20 18:10:36
Print Post

[re: hcuk94] [link to this post]

I have a B525s-23a, it failed to update using local update. I eventually tried the update on page 1.
Undo 3 screws, separate the case.

Download the software, follow the instructions, which all run without any knowledge needed.

2 old USB mini cables were joined by cutting off the mini connectors, then solder the red, black, white and green to each other. Or get one from ebay.

Plug the modem into the power supply, with the power supply switched off, hold a screwdriver on the 2 terminals (left pair), switch the power source on. No LEDs will light up.

Run the USB program and the LED will come on.

Complete the update.

When you switch on it will be in Polish, language is top right.

It may retain your previous password.

Now works with a telephone in the RJ11 socket. It is very straightforward.
Standard User ron3003
(learned) Tue 08-Sep-20 22:11:20
Print Post

[re: hcuk94] [link to this post]

Only just seen this. After a week I rang cs again and they took all my details again (agent had no record of first call) and then was told someone from unlock team would be in touch.
Next day I was emailed by [email protected] giving me the password to unlock the router. I'd suggest ringing them again if you never got sorted.
BTW they forgot to charge me the £8.99 fee. smile
Standard User SSHtank
(newbie) Mon 05-Oct-20 14:02:23
Print Post

[re: Ralkbirdy] [link to this post]

Hey, I managed to flash 11.182.61.00.778 version to my Huawei B525s as well however I am struggling to make it act as a bridge router. I am trying to connect to the the root router which is also a B525s-23a one. Wondering if such thing is possible? Thanks
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to